HC Bike/Cycling Thread

2 hours ago, grawk said:

Somehow 6 miles on Zwift is harder than 20 miles on the road

Completely agree.  I work quite a bit harder riding on Zwift than I do on the road, unless I'm going nearly all-out on the road.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's in da baaaahhhhhxxxxx? Some parts. Darker blue than we thought. Happiest kid in the world in this moment. **BRENT**

Alec is 12 today and asked for a "proper bike."

My Friends:    And my fan nº1 and asisstant   

Posted Images

Today I finally received all the spare parts.

Di2 R8050 Deviator
Di2 cable
Derailleur hanger
Dura Ace bottom bracket
Dura Ace Chain

I'm going to finish riding it all this weekend at Stevens and next week I'll pick up my Biachi.

Lately I'm just strength training with the Tacx. It's funny because to go flat road (at 0%) at about 20 km/h I need to develop about 220W... this is not very normal. In real life with that power I'm riding over 40kms / h

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jose said:

Lately I'm just strength training with the Tacx. It's funny because to go flat road (at 0%) at about 20 km/h I need to develop about 220W... this is not very normal. In real life with that power I'm riding over 40kms / h

Does it have your weight right?

13 minutes ago, grawk said:

maybe I'm confused about how it works, but ftp shouldn't impact how hard it makes flat ground, should it?

I don't know. I'm going to try to modify it.

I have tried to vary the "Sloper Modifier" and yes, the hardness varies a bit but it is not the setting I am looking for.

Yesterday I was climbing a slope at 9% with 300W I was climbing at 9 km / h. I accelerated and with 350w it kept climbing at 9kms / h ... all very strange. I think the app is set to focus on power work.

My teammates do not have such a modern tacx so they are not very clear about how this works either.

Yes, there is something wrong. I have used the calibration tool of the application itself (accelerate up to 30kms / h and then stop), but it remains the same. 

It is ridiculous to cycle 5 kms

I did a "recovery ride" with 2 category 4 climbs.  So 1.8 miles of what I need to do for 33 miles straight to do maui.  I have a long road ahead of me.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.46.41 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I started with Bkool again. The feeling (in Watt) is much more realistic than the Tack app, although unfortunately it does not offer real videos of your route.

• Like 2

Got out for an early morning ride this morning to meet a friend that's doing a double-metric today. I offered to pull him for the first 25miles or so so I rode 20 miles up to the starting point, played locomotive for an hour or so, and then turned home.  Other than the 98% humidity it was near perfect conditions.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.48.15 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1