HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

How do I upload a video from my iPhone? Took my first ride on the bike today. Took one fall that spilled little bit of blood coming around the corner with some loose dirt in the tires didnt hold and i went down. It will take a little getting used to the 29er. There is a lot of switch backs that are more difficult to maneuver due to the trie size.

Yay Vicki!!!!  Here's to hoping that you're well and truly on the mend.

Like Aerius I wear full fingers because the trails I ride are congested enough that if I didn't my hands would get torn up.  I tend to wear either MTB specific shorts with a liner or bike shorts with baggy shorts over the top 'cause that's what I like to do.  I have actually found that baggies can be a problem though and will be lookin at other styles for next year's season.

I actually picked the Jekyll up from its first tune up yesterday.  The shop ended up having to disassmeble the rear suspension arm to correct a shaft that was improperly installed by C'dale.  This was evidently at least part of the reason for the clunk that I was experiencing when I first picked it up.  Everytime I look at the Jekyll I crack a smile like a kid on Christmas. :)  Can't wait to get back to road and mtb riding in 4 months or so...

• Like 1

So the cast is off!!!!!  :prettyprincess:

I walked out of the doc office, wandered around Whole Foods for a bit, and it feels pretty good.  It's definitely sore, but nothing unmanageable.  Right after I left Whole Foods, I went over to Vince's new shop, since it was only a couple miles away.  Mike, John's already been there, but if you go, it's a bit hard to find as it's sorta way back in an industrial complex (Boca Design Center).  Very cool small shop he's still getting set up.  Don went over there with him.  Right now, the only bikes he's selling are Eriksen and Scott, though that will change.  I talked to him quite a bit, and I'm actually going to have him fit the Calfee for me.  It's going to be an old school fitting, minus all the technology, but I trust him.  He asked if I had a picture of the Calfee, which I did, and he said he didn't think it was going to be as much of an issue as I had thought with the seat height.  He pointed out that the Vitesse that is currently on the bike has pretty high rails, and just switching saddles, if necessary, would take off the height I was worried about.  He also said that I could sell it in seconds flat as the honey colored is supposedly rare and wanted.  Anyway, Wednesday is the day!

Mike, that looks like fun, and I'm definitely jealous as I'll never be able to do that.  John's talking about getting a mountain bike now, and I fear I have lost my riding partners.  :(

• Like 1

Excellent news Vicki. Must have been tough being off so long for someone that has put so many miles on the bike this year. I like that we are getting so well rounded here, everyone should have Mountain Bike and Road Bike. Next will be Cyclocross.

Edited by VPI

I'm sure you have a 4 or 4S layin' around, no?  :)

Just throw on a jacket, get some long (and short) fingered gloves, and go for it.  You probably have some 180s ear muffs layin' around, no?

Hmmm... tomorrow is in the low 50s here, and the last sunny day til after Jesusmas.  Hmmm... maybe I can at least get out somewhere close with Xavier.

**BRENT**