The end of the Twinkie?????

skullguise

I'd say that it's likely that someone will buy the rights to most of the popular brands and production will resume at some point after the liquidation. I can't help but read stuff like this along with the stuff like the USPS losing $16B last year as a result of pension/benefit issues and think that a national overhaul of entire industries (starting with the healthcare,insurance,litigation debacle) isn't coming sooner than any of us think.

If you want good management in a company that's obviously on it's way down, you have to pay a lot. Heck, I'm not in management, and the only way I'd EVER consider going to work for a company that was in dire straits financially is for 3-4x my normal hourly rate.

That said, hostess outlived it's market. People are more particular about what they eat today than in years past, so any value in their brand is only going to go down. And I can't imagine repurposing the hostess brand for healthy alternatives. Maybe someone will buy their intellectual property, and then sell their products in a smaller scale, so they have a chance at success.

"Fuck it, have a twinkie!" "That 5 lb Carl's Jr Burger sure was good, now finish your meal with a dozen Ho Hos!"