Tour de Cure - Chattanooga, TN - October 8, 2016

MexicanDragon

Hey everyone!

My son Xavier and I have been training this year, riding hundreds of miles on the roads and the trainer, to prepare for the 2016 Tour de Cure! We hope you will support us in our efforts to help wipe out diabetes!

This is my 4th year doing this ride, and Xavier's 3rd. With Xavier's new road bike this year, he wanted to push a bit further on the ride. If we meet our goals, we're going to do the 40 mile route. If we hit a combined 2900$ - representing the 29 million people living with diabetes in the U.S. - we will do a metric century! If we stretch and hit 5000$ combined, we will do our best to do the *gulp* full century ride.

Xavier's page
Brent's page

For a little added incentive, my team (BlueCrossBlueShield of Tennessee) is doing a drawing for a Haro Flightline One bike. Every 5$ is one entry, with 5 for 20$. If one of you wins it, we'll figure something out.

Thanks for looking,

Brent

• Like 2

A little under two weeks to go, and Xavier is still tearing me up. You'll be happy to know that my mom, her husband, and my aunt have all donated to him. None have donated to me.

Here's a shot I just found from the time trial he raced in. So proud of this kid!

Xavier from Time Trial.jpg
**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Final push before our big event Saturday morning! Thanks for all your support so far, and I'm making a final push to have Xavier meet his goal before the ride!

We did our final training ride of a just below 20 miles, when we ran out of daylight.
https://www.strava.com/activities/733570816

He is SO excited, as this is the reason he's put in so much work riding this year. I'm so proud (if you couldn't tell.)

14524603_10154013285236589_2719639101345559027_o.jpg

That was taken right after our training ride last week. You cyclists will be happy to know that although most of the time I'm setting the pace, this last ride there was a section he just straight up dropped me on.

Oh, did mention he's beating me by over 200$? If you want to help increase the lead, donate to #TeamXavier or #TeamOldMan

**BRENT**

• Like 3

Thanks for the new donations, guys!

For anyone else who wants to contribute, please donate to Xavier at http://main.diabetes.org/goto/XavierLawson

He's close to his major milestone of 1000$, and I'd love it if he can hit it today!

Update: Xavier did it! He's killin' me, so if anyone else cares to donate, choose #TeamOldMan here or #TeamXavier here.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon