Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yes, these are HP-2, which is one model of the HP 1000 series. There are also HP-1, which have a switch on each ear piece so that you can change the phase, and HP-3, which I've never seen and know little about.

Thanks to everybody for your comments about them. I really shouldn't have bought them but couldn't stop thinking about them ever since I listened to them at MOA. The picture of them on my head is was taken at MOA. It's funny that when I finally decided to buy a pair, I'd be able to buy a pair that I had actually tried. :D

Nice going Ken! How do they sound out of the Extreme?

Ken, congrats on the HP2s. I could live with that headphone :)

Though I didn't buy it, a box was unexpectedly at my door when I got home, and inside was the damn nicest headphone stand I've ever seen. Thanks, Steve! I have no idea where my camera is, but I'll get pics up later, though I'm sure they won't do it justice.

Nice going Ken! How do they sound out of the Extreme?

Thanks. They sound very nice out of the Extreme. I knew that they would because in the MOA picture, I was listening to them out of my Extreme. See, I'm smarter than I look. :o

Ken, congrats on the HP2s. I could live with that headphone :)

Though I didn't buy it, a box was unexpectedly at my door when I got home, and inside was the damn nicest headphone stand I've ever seen. Thanks, Steve! I have no idea where my camera is, but I'll get pics up later, though I'm sure they won't do it justice.

Thanks to you Vicki. I won't have to listen to it as I still have my K340 and Darth Beyers, but I will spend a lot of time with it! Congrats on you headphone stand. I can't wait to see pictures of it. Better find that camera. ;)

Ordered some more silver mica caps.

I just realized I fucked up on my simulation and subsequent calculations for my amp I've been working on (used different transistors in the sim temporarily until I got a model for the actual ones, forgot to ever get the right ones), and had the amp's bandwidth waaaay higher than I intended for good stability. :mikey2:

Works fine as it is now, but I want to fix this just for peace of mind so it won't potentially throw a tantrum.

Six bottles of Peter Michael Les Pavot and six bottles of Kosta Brown I am done for a while.

Wow! I assume that these are 2005? Anyway, I suspect that you just spent more on a case of wine that I spent on my HP2 and adapter. ;D I sure wish that I has something interesting enough to offer in trade for a bottle, but I no longer have anything that interesting.

Some SFI Orthodynamic drivers, and a pair of vintage Pioneer SE-7 headphones. The Pioneers will be possible donor frames for the new drivers. I just liked the look of the all aluminum vintage goodness. Now if I can talk fatman711 into making me a new headband for these I'm set.

sfirib32bpfrr0.jpg

pioneerse7vi0.jpg

806a1ag6.jpg

Queen Vicki got her prize! That was really cool of you, Steve!

Very cool. I know who I'll be asking to make my next headphone stand. Of course, it will take me a while to recover from the last purchase. Can't wait to see pictures.

Hey how often do you get to make a Purple and Pink headphone stand? I had to jump at the chance. Of coarse Fitz requested those colors a while back, but I'm trying to butch him up. :laugh:

Actually I really enjoyed building this stand, it's a little less structured than my usual fair, and was a bit freeing. Besides it had been bugging me that Vicki wasn't rewarded for her efforts.

Glad you like it Vicki, I hope it looks good with your cans!

I really like the way those headphones look but how do they sound?

I only pulled the trigger on them tonight on ebay. I'll let you know once they arrive, but I fully expect them to sound like poo. Of coarse I have no real basis for this opinion, except who's ever heard of Pioneer SE-7's?

Poo sounding or not, I have to admit I like the look too. :D

Where did you dig up those drivers?

They're NOS Orthodynamic or bipole planar tweeters. erikj found them and posted about them in the Orthodynamic Roundup thread on HF. They are believed to be the same or very similar drivers that are in the Audio Technica ATH-2 Orthodynamic headphones.

They seem to be well thought of so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SFI-BIPOLE-RIBBON-TWEETER-4PC-SETS-EMIT-R-TYPE-32ohm_W0QQitemZ280139614222QQihZ018QQcategoryZ137944QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Sweet, might have to get some of those.

Yeah, at that price they'll be fun to tinker with. The 32 ohm are bipolar with holes on both magnets, even though the pic shows otherwise. The pics are of the 4 and 8 ohm drivers he's also selling, but not suitable for headphones IMO. And that price is for 4 drivers.

Hey cool, you got it? :prettyprincess:

yeah, I was the only bidder too... now on to finding nice thing bowl blanks for my pod. I need to find something under 10% moisture content and 3.5" or so think. Maple preferably. I've decided to go with the resin impregnation process after the pod has been roughed in. The company I"m talking to says maple will double in weight after the process. I have a few candidates on Ebay that have been drying for 3 years or so already, but the seller doesn't have a way to measure MC. I'll probably take a chance on them if the price is right.

yeah, I was the only bidder too... now on to finding nice thing bowl blanks for my pod. I need to find something under 10% moisture content and 3.5" or so think. Maple preferably. I've decided to go with the resin impregnation process after the pod has been roughed in. The company I"m talking to says maple will double in weight after the process. I have a few candidates on Ebay that have been drying for 3 years or so already, but the seller doesn't have a way to measure MC. I'll probably take a chance on them if the price is right.

The part of the country he's in will be a determining factor as to the MC as well. You could leave wood to dry for decades here in Texas, and never achieve 10%. In Alaska it would be that dry in months.