Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

bought a new/old phono pre amp, picked up the Mod Squad (McCormack) Phono Drive and a McCormack DNA-1 (power amp) gold up graded by SMc audio including added balanced inputs. I am not sure if this will best the Berendsen but it is worth a shot. The phono pre is in da house and the power amp is about a week out.

Oh Earl I love the Millet SS car theme very cool and maybe a perfect work desktop rig amp.

Guest sacd lover
bought a new/old phono pre amp, picked up the Mod Squad (McCormack) Phono Drive and a McCormack DNA-1 (power amp) gold up graded by SMc audio including added balanced inputs. I am not sure if this will best the Berendsen but it is worth a shot. The phono pre is in da house and the power amp is about a week out.

Oh Earl I love the Millet SS car theme very cool and maybe a perfect work desktop rig amp.

I really like these hybrids with my Alessandros. I dont know about you JP .... but I am expecting big things with our Stacker IIs.

Posted a number of knife and gun pix at Head-Fi Photo before it blew up, but here are some of the Randalls. No new purchases in the last five or ten years. These are the ones I could lay my hands on right away. The ones that get the most use are the Model 8 and the Model 5.

2991594305_59e91d7b9d.jpg?v=0

Earl mine is about a month to two away from completion mainly just cosmetic challenges now. Did you do two sets of tube sockets or one? I stuck with a design that focused on 6sn7s but with the flex to use 9 pins with an adapter. I had won some v-caps at the VSAC conference in Portland earlier in the year so the amp is getting those. We also went tube rectified instead of SS, I've heard great amps with both implementations but the builder wanted to go tube rectified.

The early version I heard with garden variety parts was outstanding and easily played at the level or above the level of the Raptor, MPX3 and Zana when we heard it at VSAC. Some of this may be my enthusiasm for the design but the proto was not a looker and if anything my expectation should have been lower based on the eye appeal of the amp.

Earl, when are you getting yours

Posted a number of knife and gun pix at Head-Fi Photo before it blew up, but here are some of the Randalls. No new purchases in the last five or ten years. These are the ones I could lay my hands on right away. The ones that get the most use are the Model 8 and the Model 5.

2991594305_59e91d7b9d.jpg?v=0

Wow, very noice. I've have always really liked Randall knives. I am particularly fond of the the #1 and #17. I also like the song, "Randall Knife" by Guy Clark. Good Stuff.

Guest sacd lover
Earl mine is about a month to two away from completion mainly just cosmetic challenges now. Did you do two sets of tube sockets or one? I stuck with a design that focused on 6sn7s but with the flex to use 9 pins with an adapter. I had won some v-caps at the VSAC conference in Portland earlier in the year so the amp is getting those. We also went tube rectified instead of SS, I've heard great amps with both implementations but the builder wanted to go tube rectified.

The early version I heard with garden variety parts was outstanding and easily played at the level or above the level of the Raptor, MPX3 and Zana when we heard it at VSAC. Some of this may be my enthusiasm for the design but the proto was not a looker and if anything my expectation should have been lower based on the eye appeal of the amp.

Earl, when are you getting yours

Well JP .... I did get two sets of tube sockets. Mine will also run at 6 or 12 volts. I am going to concentrate on using my gazillion octal 12sn7s .... and 12fq7s for the 9 pins. I will probably use the 6gu7 when I run at 6 volts. Mine will have the same tube rectified power supply as yours .... using a 5U4G. Mine is being built inside an old receiver but will have FPE front and rear panels and I added a loop out too.

I dont know what coupling caps he is using .... I need to ask.

We have the same builder in case you hadnt guessed. I expect mine to be done about the same time as yours.

Wow, very noice. I've have always really liked Randall knives. I am particularly fond of the the #1 and #17. I also like the song, "Randall Knife" by Guy Clark. Good Stuff.

There's a big Model 1, but no Model 17. All available reverse edges are sharpened as they should be. The Combat Companion model was never officially catalogued, but is a handy little sucker. No buyer's remorse.

There's a big Model 1, but no Model 17. All available reverse edges are sharpened as they should be. The Combat Companion model was never officially catalogued, but is a handy little sucker. No buyer's remorse.

Yeah, but what do you use to carve the turkey?

I just paid for the Headamp Blue Hawaii for sale on Head-Fi.

Damn, you don't do anything half-assed do you? Well since no one has followed the correct protocol, I call dibs on the KGSS :P

There's a big Model 1, but no Model 17...

Those are just my two favorite models. I didn't see a model 17 in there anywhere. I do have a new model one and seventeen on order as future birthday gifts for my son ;)