Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yah, the way they use less soap, clean better, and use less water.
No, I mean, the way you're supposed to always put more than one item in, and it has to be on the same side of the "lint release scale", and if you only put two items in, they should be of the exact same thing, you should put at least one item in of a completely different size. Heck, I can't even remember the rule, much less explain it. Maybe if I understood it better...
My wife bought me one of these for Hanukah:

zojirushi.jpg

I need to get one of those...eventually. I need to get me a Zojirushi. Heck, I just like saying, "Zojirushi". Zojirushi Zojirushi Zojirushi, la-la-la.

Dang, I miss drinking.

Oppo DV-981HD upconverting DVD player.

Most likely going to sell it right away... the macroblock enhancement is absolutely atrocious when it's set anywhere above 480p. My old Denon DVD-1720 at 480i looks better than the Oppo at 1080p. :palm:

80GB PS3

Or more like 2/3 of one, as a friend thought it was stupid for me to buy a $250 stand-alone BluRay player, so he threw me the difference.

I'm a little disappointed the current models aren't backwards-compatible with PS2 games. But it didn't bother me enough to hunt around for a NIB or refurb that had that capability. It's more a nice BluRay player for me that's ready for when GT5 comes out.

80GB PS3

Or more like 2/3 of one, as a friend thought it was stupid for me to buy a $250 stand-alone BluRay player, so he threw me the difference.

I'm a little disappointed the current models aren't backwards-compatible with PS2 games. But it didn't bother me enough to hunt around for a NIB or refurb that had that capability. It's more a nice BluRay player for me that's ready for when GT5 comes out.

You should get the Prologue. :)

Also Call of Duty 5. [HCOG] represent.

I thought the 80Gb was partially compatible with PS2 games.

The current production models (80gb or 160gb) are no longer compatible with PS2 games.

When the 80gb model first came out, it had software emulator for running PS2 games. The took the emulator out during the last model change in the fall. One way to see if a particular PS3 is compatible with PS2 games is to check the number of USB port it has - if it has 4 then it is at least partially compatible, if it has 2 then it is not.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

$400 of fraudulent charges to my now-overdrawn checking account :rant:
I had something similar happen recently. Sucks. And I just realized last night that I had lost my PIN (which I haven't memorized yet). Off to the bank I go.

If you're Chevy Chase, they're great to deal with. Feel free to ask for advice.

Me: tried to buy a Dual-DVI & CUDA compatible video card and memory for my computer last night. Got rejected for some reason. I hope it's not that again. I hope it's just because of something else.