Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I am done with Audiogon. From now on I will either buy new or used from you guys.

My plan all along was to get the Stax system and then just sit back and enjoy my music collection for awhile, while also selling some extraneous gear that I no longer use. You can see over at the other forum that I had already started the process of selling off some stuff. Now, I don't know what I'll do. Out of fairness to my wife I really should wait a month or two before purchasing anything else. After that I'll either buy the Koss 950s or, finances permitting, go all in and buy some Omegas either new or from a known source.

If any established HCers have a pair of 950s or Omegas they want to move, PM me.

Hi CherryBomb,

I contacted that same seller when the ad went up. I believe I was the first person to contact him. I also noticed that his ebay ID feedback was from selling CDs and I can verify that it is indeed his ebay email. I sent him an email through ebay and he responded saying it was him (Pete). Here are our email exchanges which might give you some kind of clues you need:

Hi Milos

The best I can do is $2000 inc shipping - if this is acceptable lmk

cheers

pete

------

Hi Pete,

Can you send me pictures of the system with a paper that reads "Hi Milos" on it so I can verify you have the items? You don't have feedback so I'm a bit worried. Also, do you have the manuals/boxes?

Thanks,

Milos

-----------------

Hi Milos

I have all the boxes, packaging and user manual - everything

I have attached the pictures you ask for

Im off to bed now, but I will reply to any email you send tomorrow

^^ He actually provided the photos asked for ^^

-------

Hi Pete,

Okay thanks for the pics. What is your paypal address? Also, please don't forget to put tracking/insurance on the package.

-----

Hi Milos

My problem with paypal is the limits I have on my account - I can only

accept

Ok, one more thing that should help:

His email is

[email protected]

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say he works for or owns a Virgin Records store. There should be a city listed in the bank account info he gave you for the wire transfer. Look up the info for nearby Virgin Record stores and find out which one he works at/owns. Hope this helps.

Hi CherryBomb,

We do know that he actually had the items in his possession. Some of the things he says makes me believe he wasn't going to rip me off initially. I think he sold the items to the first person that sent the money and then figured he could fraud the people that were in line for the items. He made a nice chunk of change off of this. It is interesting that he said he ssells CDs for a living. Perhaps you can look up different CD stores in his area and find a way to look up if there is an owner named Pete for any of the places.

You are very lucky you didn't fall into this guy's trap. Sounds to me like I would have been hoodwinked even if I had taken all precautions.

Just received this email from a person having the name Subramankn:

///Start////

TO: Cherrybomb

It now appears that there are 4 (more?) of us who were scammed. If you reply to me, we can get email group together to figure out what to do next. I have the emails of the other 3.

Thanks,

Ken

///End////

Looks like this guy made a killing.

I've done some back tracking and think I might have his address, or an address of a computer he either personally used or mirrored off of. Since it's speculative, I think it's best if I not post the address here. Needless to say, I'm going after this fucker using all legal means. Then audiogon is next?