Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Referring to the DX1000...

Why?

You don't like them? I've never had much of a chance to give them a try, but the few times I've heard them at meets, I've been mildly impressed. I figured it would be fun to spend some time putting them through the paces. They're reputed for having rather odd or honky sounding mids, yet some people seem to think that makes them "special" and thus all of the split views about them. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, the only way I'll ever understand what they're all about is to try them myself, and 5 minutes here and there at meets doesn't ever do the trick.

Referring to the DX1000...

You don't like them? I've never had much of a chance to give them a try, but the few times I've heard them at meets, I've been mildly impressed. I figured it would be fun to spend some time putting them through the paces. They're reputed for having rather odd or honky sounding mids, yet some people seem to think that makes them "special" and thus all of the split views about them. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, the only way I'll ever understand what they're all about is to try them myself, and 5 minutes here and there at meets doesn't ever do the trick.

Yeah, I don't like them and I would have thought by now you would have owned them. I was curious whether you were re-visiting. Let us know what you think.

I hope you had that Romex cryo-treated and pre-burned-in so that your systems will sound their best!

I did. Well actually Home Depot did it for me. They just left it out for a week or so during our winter months. It's gets wicked cold here.

Before you bought the Romex, I hope that you asked ipodpj which Romex is the best sounding.

I would have but he won't answer my PMs anymore after I pretty much told him he was an idiot and everyone sees through his BS. I guess I will have to make my own educated purchases with out being able to confer with the Douchey-Lama himself.

Getty Lee's speaker?

Exactly what I though. I had a kit lined up right before I came back from Iraq but other things got in the way. If it is what do you think of it?

Edit: I guess Gedlee Nathan would give it away:palm:

Edited by naamanf

A box of 6 90-ml (about 3 oz) Duralex glasses

pho-verres-picardie-9-cl-x4-374.jpg

Our daughter keeps wanting to drink from our water glasses at the dinner table instead of from her plastic cup. These ultradurable small-sized glasses seemed like something we could try to get her to drink from her own glass. They are so durable that one of the demos involves pounding nails with them, so maybe she'll just pour out the water and use it to destroy the house instead. Time will tell.