Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

But it's AKG (I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't interested in them when the foty thing started)! At worst I won't like them and I'll get back my money.

I'm just busting on you, if I hadn't finally got to the place where I have no desire to try any more dynamic headphones I probably would have tried the Sextetts.

I'm just busting on you, if I hadn't finally got to the place where I have no desire to try any more dynamic headphones I probably would have tried the Sextetts.

Yeah I was doomed to end up getting a pair even though I told myself the same thing. And this way I get them from a Head-Caser and avoid Ebay.

I owned two versions of the K340 I didn't think they were that great after using them for a while.

I believe Fitz and a few others prefer the Sextett to them as well.

Hopefully I'll like them more than my Senns. And if I end up liking the Sextetts I have a nice ballsy amp in mind that will have no problem with 600 ohms >:D

Congrats, but the K340s are soooo much better in every way....uh...not to rain on your parade, but..... :P

I'll second this. I tried Sextett's for the first time at MOA. They sounded very mediocre either being driven by my Platinum Extreme or Al's SDS-XLR. On the other hand, I love how the Extreme drives my K340s.

I owned two versions of the K340 I didn't think they were that great after using them for a while.

I believe Fitz and a few others prefer the Sextett to them as well.

Hopefully I'll like them more than my Senns. And if I end up liking the Sextetts I have a nice ballsy amp in mind that will have no problem with 600 ohms >:D

I heard them at MOA with the Frank Cooter amp, and I went in wanting to like them. The pair I listened to had a stocking mod done to them, and I don't know what else, if anything, but I was really surprised, given how much people whose opinions I tend to agree with like them, at how much I disliked them. They reminded me a bit of the K501s in that they're okay, but not really after you've heard better.

btw, I didn't much like the K340s until they'd been modded and recabled, so that could also make a difference.

Hey, the Darths are actually fun phones if you match 'em up and open 'em with the 6528 tubes. :)

I heard them at MOA with the Frank Cooter amp, and I went in wanting to like them. The pair I listened to had a stocking mod done to them, and I don't know what else, if anything, but I was really surprised, given how much people whose opinions I tend to agree with like them, at how much I disliked them. They reminded me a bit of the K501s in that they're okay, but not really after you've heard better.

btw, I didn't much like the K340s until they'd been modded and recabled, so that could also make a difference.

I have no doubt that I will have heard and owned better (and will be owning better :) ). But the inner AKG fanboy in me wouldn't let me say no. And I'm always looking for a "neutral" budget headphone. If it wasn't for the bass issues with the K501, I really like them. More than the K701.

I've heard modded and recabled K340s. Still not that great, but I'm too damn picky.

Hey, the Darths are actually fun phones if you match 'em up and open 'em with the 6528 tubes. :)

Ewww I'll have to disagree with that one. I have doubts that an amp from the Gods could make those headphones anything other than pretty to look at.

Ewww I'll have to disagree with that one. I have doubts that an amp from the Gods could make those headphones anything other than pretty to look at.

You know, it's funny, the Equation RP-22x's sound like utter dogshit out of just about everything I've tried them out of except the beta22. I wouldn't thought an amp could have made that much difference, if fact it's the only case like it that I've experienced.

Keep in mind that they are the bass light late production model as well. I think I remember my K240DF being more well rounded, but they're in pieces now and I need to put them back together and recable them.

Yep that's right. I'll give them a good spin on the B22.