Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Naan Stop in IV, home of the overpriced everything. But it's the only food I can call "good" I've had from this area. Know of any delicious SB downtown etc. eateries?

Many. Of course, it depends on your budget and what you like. If you would like, we can talk about it more off line.

You do know what Mike's front door looks like, right? Just in case...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1241&g2_serialNumber=2

man, gear at your place is somewhat like a one-night-stand... where's your sense of commitment? equipment has feelings, didn't you know?

Allright smartasses here is the story. I borrowed a phono stage from my buddy Oz to use with the Acoustic Solid tt. I get the Nottingham and while I'm out my brother is using the tt. I get a call, "hey Mike your new, really expensive tt isn't working". I'm an hour away and freaking out. It turns out that the phono stopped workng. It has power but no sound. In the meantime, the Dynavector P-75 that I bought so I can give Oz back the one I borrowed returns from Postjack. The right channel on that one is messed up (warranty may cover). So here I am, this amazing tt and no phono. I think you know the rest of the story.

I will sell the P-75 once the problem is worked out.

That's true, but the door needs to move faster.

It's also true that I give a home to much of Mike's unwanted gear: speakers, amps, cables, headphones. He kicks it out and I give it a nice place to stay.

Mike, I just got your email. I'll give you a call about 1:00.

Well, if I kick the Nottingham, I will break my foot.

1:00 works for me.

Hope that gets taken care of Mike. I can't think of anything I might have done to break it, but I still feel bad. :-\

Don't feel bad, it wasn't anything you did. The guy I bought it from knows the dealer and should be able to take care of it. I didn't realize that it's the new version of the P-75 so once the problem is fixed I should have no trouble selling it. The phono I really want is being built by Eddie Current but not sure when they will be in production.

Don't feel bad, it wasn't anything you did. The guy I bought it from knows the dealer and should be able to take care of it. I didn't realize that it's the new version of the P-75 so once the problem is fixed I should have no trouble selling it. The phono I really want is being built by Eddie Current but not sure when they will be in production.

sweet. still i owe you one. if you ever see any gear i have you want to borrow, just holla at me. :)

I have a Whest PS.20 phono stage that needs to go on the market soon to pay off some new projects :) dunno if you're looking in that price range or not...... I do have a try before you buy policy for certain people :)

I have a Whest PS.20 phono stage that needs to go on the market soon to pay off some new projects :) dunno if you're looking in that price range or not...... I do have a try before you buy policy for certain people :)

Thanks for the offer but I think that is a bit out of my price range.

Ack, sorry to hear about the busted gear Mike. Even a smartass can appreciate what a pain that is.

I wish I knew someone who could fix broken gear. ;) JK, it's under control. I just want to get this damn tt running already. I'm not sure why I just reminded myself, but I have to ship those tubes to you. I will get them out Monday.

VDA-2 with VAC-1... I knew I should have listened to the VDA-2 recommendation, but nooooo, stupid little Fungi had to go get the DA53. It's a pretty nice DAC, if you like your sound airy and highs-oriented but not so much body, but that kind of conflicts with the headphones I have. :mikey2:

Maybe it gets better in balanced mode (cheapest balanced DAC?) but I can't say I want to keep this around without balanced gear.