Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Bunch of 2 x $50 Hyatt Check Certificatestm for $79.99 from Costco in SF to help with CJ. Every little helps.

Any prospective savings were offset by excessive unplanned purchases at said Costco.*

*We'll just get a few things we need. ooh, these are a real bargain ... we could do with some of these ... . At checkout ... how did that just happen?

Those are only good for hotel room services, not the room fee I believe.

Those are only good for hotel room services, not the room fee I believe.

Opinions vary ( see the epic thread Costco selling Hyatt Check Certificates (Not Applicable to Pre-paid Rates) - FlyerTalk Forums for more opinions ) . If it works, good.

If not, i kept the receipt, so can take them back to Costco for a full refund. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Edit: looks like I was both lucky, and a mere amateur http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13977023-post1058.html . Someone understands the concept of arbitrage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage)

Edited by Grahame

^ Kinda looks like Christmas lights. How many different colored diffusers are there?

Those are the main three. Srs bsns photographers use larger diffusers that have a gel frame on the front surface, and then use whatever color and density gel they want (1/2 and 1/4 CTO gels are popular.) I considered going that route (and may end up doing it yet) but I don't really any anything that big, ungainly and fragile inside the chaotic environment of a nightclub. I've got a long-ish post about strobes I've been meaning to write in the Photography thread, but I haven't quite gotten around to it.

if used to be you could easily get boots resoled. not even worth the trouble, now.

Yeah, it'd probably be at least 50% the cost of replacements anyway. My understanding is that generally by the time the soles, or uppers are pretty thrashed, the all-important midsole has been toast for quite a while. The last 15-mile hike I did, they were getting pretty uncomfortable, so I knew their time had come. I probably got 350 miles or so out of that pair, not too bad for traversing a lot of unforgiving igneous.

Well, I didn't really look into it too heavily, but the couple of things I looked up were pointing that way. Anyway, that was my first proper set of hiking boots, and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have chosen the ones I did then. But I certainly got to a lot of very enjoyable places with them, so it wasn't all bad.

This puzzles me. The alligator was already one of the all time epic fail special effects, I can't imagine the BR transfer makes it any better.

I literally have no recollection of that movie at all, and I have seen most of Arnie's movies.