Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

where do you buy this "wonderful day"?

:)

ooops. posted in the wrong thread, but what's funny is that I tried to buy an ipad today and couldn't. I must've come into this thread wishing I could post that I'd bought one. I did buy a very nice sheer lipstick with a raisin tint today. I like it very much.

Wow. Just caught this. Congrats, Miguel. You'll like it.

Thanks Vicky, it will be a challenge for someone like me who has been suing PC since they came out 27 or so years ago. I will have to read a lot to learn of all the applications the Apple users have/use.

Nice, Andy, although I hope you get your Mk I back soon.

I bought some more cocktailing materials yesterday, which are being put to good use right now. First results will be in the WAYDRN thread shortly. :)

1005493x.jpg1042015x.jpg

1040755x.jpg80_herbsaint_1202932877.jpg

I also bought some Creme de Cacao, Orange Flower Water and Santa Barbara Cocktail Onions in Vermouth.

WTF x2, did the guy look like Mikhail with a fake mustache and a fedora?

He needed something to test the amp with, and that was the one that buzzed on that amp, so I left them. This guy didn't even look at the amp for 5 months I think. But what are my choices? Craig (Eddie Current) recommended him as very knowledgeable. I think he'll get it done just no telling when. He made the KG suggested changes now he says the tubes don't bias right?? Who knows, at least I have a KGSS here to keep me company.

Come to think of it, he was wearing a fedora, uh oh :D

Bunch of 2 x $50 Hyatt Check Certificatestm for $79.99 from Costco in SF to help with CJ. Every little helps.

Any prospective savings were offset by excessive unplanned purchases at said Costco.*

*We'll just get a few things we need. ooh, these are a real bargain ... we could do with some of these ... . At checkout ... how did that just happen?

He needed something to test the amp with, and that was the one that buzzed on that amp, so I left them. This guy didn't even look at the amp for 5 months I think. But what are my choices? Craig (Eddie Current) recommended him as very knowledgeable. I think he'll get it done just no telling when. He made the KG suggested changes now he says the tubes don't bias right?? Who knows, at least I have a KGSS here to keep me company.

My ESX was built using the final ES-1 schematic and it works like a charm. The only change I made was to wire a 100K resistor to ground from between the 100uf caps in the first stage but that is only to increase their life. With four 7n7's (6SN7's) the amp biases perfectly but if I put in some 7f7's (6SL7's) then I can't quite get half the B+ for the first stage but the output stage is AC coupled so it remains unaffected.

To get rid of the offset before I rebuilt the thing, I just had to rewire the output stage according to KG's schematic and add new pots since the stock ones are crap. Then I connected three 9V batteries in series with the - rail of the PSU to generate the C-supply (with a nice sign "do not ever touch these batteries since they sit at 400V" ;D) and the amp worked just fine like that.