Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Given how cheap car gps units have gotten, wouldn't it be easier to just use a car gps for car, and that for what it's meant for? :)

I see your point, but this unit actually has a much more viewable screen and better routing than the car GPS's I've used in the past. Also, it has a lot more tracking of various stats along your drive, can record your route/speed/etc. All I'm really giving up is traffic reporting (which never worked well enough to skip listening to radio traffic reports in big cities anyway), and screen size, which isn't really an issue, as it uses the screen space it has a lot more effectively.

Given how cheap car gps units have gotten, wouldn't it be easier to just use a car gps for car, and that for what it's meant for? :)
I, for one, prefer having it in my phone. I often take my car someplace where I don't feel comfortable having anything in it worth breaking in for, and wouldn't want to have to carry two units during those times (concerts, for example -- I have had my car broken into while at the 9:30, which is right around the corner from Black Cat, two of my most frequent venues).

That's what center consoles are for.
Uh...no. Notice I didn't say "...having anything visible worth breaking in for...", I said, "...having anything worth breaking in for..." -- there's a reason for that -- the car will get broken into (statistically, given enough trips to said venues), I'd rather not have anything stolen as well.

TBH, the safest thing you can do is have a completely empty, POS car, with it being visibly empty -- including leaving the glove compartment open. I don't go that far, but I know people who do (or at least say they do).