Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Holy shit, I've been preaching (albeit tentatively) about Can-Am for-freakin'-ever, but I always have to qualify my statement with, "...I don't actually own any". I have seen them in person, so know they're good, but ...durable, yes? My biggest question is, do you have them in the same room as your subwoofer, and do they rattle or buzz?

And Dan: I do. I do still buy the occasional CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray, and I'm keeping the ones I have.

Me: a case of that Ojai Vineyard Santa Barbara Syrah. I mentioned it to my boss, and he rounded out the case for us, so 12+ discount. Have I mentioned recently how awesome my boss is?

Holy shit, I've been preaching (albeit tentatively) about Can-Am for-freakin'-ever, but I always have to qualify my statement with, "...I don't actually own any". I have seen them in person, so know they're good, but ...durable, yes? My biggest question is, do you have them in the same room as your subwoofer, and do they rattle or buzz?

And Dan: I do. I do still buy the occasional CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray, and I'm keeping the ones I have.

Me: a case of that Ojai Vineyard Santa Barbara Syrah. I mentioned it to my boss, and he rounded out the case for us, so 12+ discount.

Haven't noticed any rattling or buzzing, I think the metal is too thick for that. The powder coat is really nice, and they have all kinds of accessories you can use to make it look more like furniture. I have the double width caddy (and caddy wrap) and the double width metal top, and it looks pretty nice. My wife wanted CD storage that would keep the CDs out of sight and the can-am cabinets have been perfect. I'm just not sure what we are going to do when we fill up this one, we don't really have room for another one. We were hoping to be able to store our DVDs in the new one but it already seems like we won't have enough room as it is.

I'm just catching up on this thread. Dinny, congrats on the Tri-Star. I've now taken two trips with it, and love it. Because I didn't need to pack it even close to full on this last one, its was easy to stuff it under the airplane seat, and my clothes were nicely unwrinkled (bundle wrapped two outifts) when I unpacked them. I have the black/red, but have the steel dyneema in packing cubes and a stuff sack, and it's a good color. I'm 99% sure black/steel is the color of Mike's Aeronaut, and it looks great.

Nice Vibrams, Mike.

And yes, Dan, some of us slow pokes still need media storage. As anyone whose has seen my floor storage method knows, I should be looking into one of the can-ams

why not just get a bike?

on topic: a shitload of bad Chinese takeout.

I remember my bike riding days well, and this seems like it might actually be seen, therefore slowing down the number of people who plow into me. Also it would be a lot more stable on gravel or knurled pavement. And I think it looks pretty cool too.

I'm thinking of asking him for a line-item receipt, see if he balks. I mean, I understand if he wants delivery confirmation, that's fine. And I asked for insurance. I'm just curious if he's trying to pad his paypal fees in there.

And clarify if he wants dollars or euros. He specifically asked for dollars, which is also fine.

I am surprised they reissued it. I thought they are all about the one time deals and what have you.

Hope they do the same for the other sacds.

This one is limited to 300 copies. The producer of the original was unhappy with the booklet and wanted it removed.