My 2c, love the dial (rare for me with ALS) but dislike the bezel. I'd prefer a brushed, not polished look but am likely in the minority.

My girlfriend got me an interesting watch for Christmas. It’s made from reclaimed whiskey barrels and a miyota quartz movement. 47mm but wears a little smaller.

image-2019-12-22-11:22:41-359.jpg

• Like 5

My girlfriend got me an interesting watch for Christmas. It’s made from reclaimed whiskey barrels and a miyota quartz movement. 47mm but wears a little smaller.

image-2019-12-22-11:22:41-359.jpg

I really love that the bracelet is wood! That has to be a unique wearing experience. 

Wish I could get my wife to let me open my presents early.. 

Mine has wooden inserts on the bracelet, but it’s coated stainless. It is definitely an interesting look for a watch.

I’d rather have waited until Christmas but she’s going to visit her family in Illinois and I have my kids here in Tn.

About the ALS Odysseus, I don’t normally like bracelets because although I get a perfect fit when my wrist is warm, when it’s not the fit is loose which I don’t like, the bracelet length on the Odysseus though is adjustable on the wrist.

I think the look of the Odysseus is ok, but I’d prefer it with a large seconds handle.

Edited by Dave R

What i normally do to combat this is size the watch at 70f to the middle of the micro adjust that way when It gets cold i can pull it in and if it is warm i can put it out.

Although there have been times in the tropics that between heat and humidity I ran out of adjustment and actually switched to a different watch for the rest of the day.

My present from the wife with her present from me in the background. 

She got hers a few weeks early as at ~850lbs and it's giant size I wasn't installing the pro 48 myself. 

20191225_094826.jpg

• Like 4

Nice, the Tuna is MIA. Will get money back from insurance, but it still sucks ass.

• Sad 1

On 12/22/2019 at 3:53 AM, Dave R said:

Any thoughts here on the new ALS Odysseus sports watch.

1C262014-21A4-49E1-A0FD-55B10E48494F.thumb.jpeg.4e655fa6ce5090b379dd8621e66cd7ed.jpeg3B6E3898-3B60-4702-A82F-91B114D55FF6.thumb.jpeg.7093fe68c699e98413c2cffd0c743b46.jpeg52ADD486-EC2A-4ABE-A616-F781A4FEBEA7.thumb.jpeg.5a3da41d5694a6ec05b4a7614e5e6d1e.jpegA1FAAAAD-F7BF-47ED-B51B-96CAF4E222F9.thumb.jpeg.26979c4aa6999de741995f8575b3f4f9.jpeg

I seemed to have missed quite a few responses on the thread so apologies for the late input, Dave.

I'm not feeling it....this watch is not harmonious IMO.  It's awkward.  

HS

I agree Sam, in fact the more I look the more I dislike it. The only thing I do like is it’s in stainless steel, but that’s about it.

• Like 1

Well, the rabbit hole opened. I bought one of these https://gamages.london/watch/limited-edition-moon-phase-automatic/?attribute_pa_color=rose&variation_id=2510

But I bought it brand new, boxed and 5 year guaranteed from an auction house for £95 (plus 20% seller premium plus 20% VAT for £138). Still a helluva bargain for a mechanical watch. Bit of a beast though at 43mm diameter and 15mm thick.

• Like 2

My days, in social isolation, are spent listening to podcasts while I go about exercise, cooking, and fussing with cats.  I haven't put on a non-Apple watch in weeks. I miss my real ones, but it's so nice being able to control a Podcast from my wrist. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 4:46 AM, Dave R said:

I agree Sam, in fact the more I look the more I dislike it. The only thing I do like is it’s in stainless steel, but that’s about it.

If the bracelet were 2mm thinner, I think it would look a lot better.