Post what you're watching

deepak

"I think he wants a mother."
"Well that's ridiculous.  He's got you, he's got our mother.  You think that would turn him off from the entire concept."

"I don't have the milk of mother's kindness in me any more."
"Yeah.  That udder's been dry for a while now, hasn't it?"

Oh and maybe my favourite episode yet:

"Justice is blind."

EDIT:
"C'mon, have a drink, there's some stuff coming up that you might not be able to handle sober."

Best. Show. Evar.

EDIT:
"He wrote one song that made Joan Baez call him the shallowest man in the world."

pound.gif

Tobias:  "Ah, Valentine's Day, when she..."

(slips on martini, falls to floor)

(from floor):  "Was your mother here?"

pound.gif

This is easily the cleverest show evar -- moar than Community.  I mean, how many shows can make slapstick into intellectual comedy.  That's fucking fine art right there.

EDIT:  S2E10 might be the funniest episode in the history of television.

• 2 weeks later...

Tobias:  "...perhaps I should call the Hot Cops and tell them to come up with something more nautically themed..."

Michael:  "..."

Tobias:  "Hot Sailors."

Michael:  "..."

Tobias:  "Better yet, Hot Sea..."

Michael:  (snaps fingers)  "I...like 'Hot Sailors'."

Tobias:  (dreamily)  "Me too."

This show just stays so brilliant.  Why on earth was it cancelled!  Yes, yes, I know it was uncancelled, but why was it cancelled in the first place!

This show is so fucking brilliant.  I mean, it's a comedy, but they way they have the interleaving storylines from show to show, by changing the perspective, it's fucking brilliant.  And using those repeated music cues -- "Sound of Silence", the Peanuts melancholy Christmas special music...

Just amazing.

Hannibal

Fuck, this is good.  Hannibal:  "Next time, please bring your wife, I'd love to have you both for dinner."

Also, an exchange between morticians over a set of very grisly homicides:  "Sugar water -- recovering alcoholics crave it."  (directs next statement at fellow mortician)  "Don't take that personally, buddy."

Other moritician:  "Oh, I'm not recovering."  and the way he says it, it's like he was, but now he's not.  Ever.

And in case anyone doesn't know the premise of the show, this is Hannibal Lecter prequel, before he was found out, so he's a functioning psychologist...with a secret.