Post what you're watching

deepak

I thought Sports Night was an amazing show, probably one of the best ever (after Whedon's trinity), but not because of Peter Krause, although he was good in it. It's wonderfully executed by a tight ensemble cast, the writing is superb beyond words ("How much do you love me now?" being one particularly memorable highlight), the dialog is deft and realistic, the chemistry is palpable...I could go on and on. I need to get that back from the person I lent it to and watch it again.

I still haven't seen Six Feet Under.

Oz and James Drink to Britain

51RFQ1qIKtL._SS500_.jpg

The odd couple - the self-proclaimed wine ponce Oz Clarke and the scruffy petrolhead James May - set off on an extended pub crawl around Britain, driving a Rolls-Royce Corniche convertible and towing a caravan behind them. Their purpose “is to find the drinks that speak to modern Britain”. Yeah, right. At first, May is reluctant to make a fuss about beer. “It's like intellectualising sausages,” he says. “It's a simple drink for people who want to get on with something useful.” But after a few pints, he's up for anything, comparing the hoppy quality of a beer to “the sweetness of a nymph being chased by a Viking of bitterness”. As always with these two, their enjoyment is contagious.