Me and my Zana Deux (+ pics)...

mulveling

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the great fortune to send in a downpayment for the Zana Deux on my birthday, June 1st and Craig had a cancellation so I'm to get one of the next batch.

You made an excellent choice. Be thankful your first post here was "I'm waiting on a Zana!" rather than along the lines of "I ordered a B52/apache/raptor 30 minutes ago and Ray just showed up at my door with amp and a pizza and now he's mowing my lawn with his shirt off should I post pics".

From what I remember of the older Headroom Max - I've owned a '97 and heard whats was either a 2001 or 2004 - they weren't bad but the Zana is way better. Could be worthwhile auditioning more headphones, even cans you've dismissed before, to see how you like 'em on the Zana - that amp might transform some of them for you. It loves nice sources, especially vinyl. It's also fabulous into vintage tube power amps!

"I ordered a B52/apache/raptor 30 minutes ago and Ray just showed up at my door with amp and a pizza and now he's mowing my lawn with his shirt off should I post pics".

:kitty:

It loves nice sources, especially vinyl.

I can't speak for vinyl, but I know I didn't realize how good the Zana was until I started feeding it with the Opus 21 CDP. Congrats on your order - you will be getting a wonderful amp.

• 2 weeks later...
They have red screws? They have colored screws? Hmmm...

Actually not sure about that. I have seen at my local parts store your typical silver/steel, black, and brass/gold, that's about it. Not saying they don't exist, I am sure you can get orange or teal or magenta or whatever your heart desires.

So has the Zan surplanted the single power in your affections?

You seem to say that the SP's have a house sound that you would not describe as neutral or life like?

I feel this to be tru but have been having a converstaion with someone else at the other place who insists this is wrong. I just cant saquare his opinon with what ive heard myself!

I don't think Singlepower really has a house sound like Ray or Rudistor. I think his amps cover at least some sort of range of sound. Maybe not a complete range or even a wide range... but I don't feel his amps are one trick ponies. Moreover he can tune/produce a sound signature that you request.

I don't think Singlepower really has a house sound like Ray or Rudistor. I think his amps cover at least some sort of range of sound. Maybe not a complete range or even a wide range... but I don't feel his amps are one trick ponies. Moreover he can tune/produce a sound signature that you request.

I could produce any sound signtaure you wanted me to as well, if you gave me $20k and 2 years. :)