Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

shazam, midomi, facebook, bejeweled 2, fring etc are all pretty popular...

but there are a lot of apps for jailbroken iPhones like winterboard, backgrounder, ispoof, iblacklist, clearcam etc that add functionality...

then there's the app that makes the other apps free...if that's your thing...

shazam, midomi, facebook, bejeweled 2, fring etc are all pretty popular...

but there are a lot of apps for jailbroken iPhones like winterboard, backgrounder, ispoof, iblacklist, clearcam etc that add functionality...

then there's the app that makes the other apps free lets you steal the other apps...if that's your thing...

ftfy

They're not making you buy a new ipod to get the new firmware, and no one's making you upgrade, so I don't see the problem.

I just think that it's nice of them to keep charging for OS upgrades and to keep raising the price as they do. I've bitched before and I'll keep doing it, I feel like a second class Ipod citizen. :)

The 3.0 firmware is easily worth $10.

On another topic, for some reason, suddenly none of the board button images are showing up for me anymore when I browse HC on my iPhone. Just get the little question marks. I can still click the links behind them, but it's a bit odd. Any thoughts why that might be?

Edited by Hopstretch

I got my iphone last week and finally figured I could actually join this thread...whoa is it huge :) I need to try and print stuff out to read over vacation:D If someone wants to take pity on me and spoon feed me the basic gists of what I should know/have on my iphone 3g like all the cool kids that would be great.

if you want to save battery turn 3G off and location services off when your not using them.

you can use your home button for a few different features, like double clicking it to bring up the ipod instant.

your four most used app's should be moved to the bottom of the screen so you can access them no matter what page your on..mine are phone, ipod, safari, and texts.

back it up often and make sure you able genius to work on itunes.

if the phone locks up hold the top button and home button for a few seconds to do a hard shutdown.

get into the habit of checking for app updates often, you can do this on the phone or in itunes.

remember there are moisture sensors in the headphone plug and dock plug, they seem to get set off by sweat or light moisture..just a warning..

download the lolcats app for crazy style laughs..seriously

with the high frequency noise & the white 3GS turning brown from overheating, i'd expect a firmware update to adjust the power management (& conveniently kill ultrasn0w unlocking) shortly...

but first Apple has to acknowledge the problem...i'd be very wary of the 30 day return/cancellation policy if i had bought the 3GS the day it came out...

maybe i'm being alarmist...