Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

if you want to save battery turn 3G off and location services off when your not using them.

you can use your home button for a few different features, like double clicking it to bring up the ipod instant.

your four most used app's should be moved to the bottom of the screen so you can access them no matter what page your on..mine are phone, ipod, safari, and texts.

back it up often and make sure you able genius to work on itunes.

if the phone locks up hold the top button and home button for a few seconds to do a hard shutdown.

get into the habit of checking for app updates often, you can do this on the phone or in itunes.

remember there are moisture sensors in the headphone plug and dock plug, they seem to get set off by sweat or light moisture..just a warning..

download the lolcats app for crazy style laughs..seriously

Excellent Billy, you rock.

Does anyone have a link or can help with tethering for 3G with 3.0 OS for ATT? The link jacob posted was pre 3.0 and I guess it is different for OS 3.0 as tethering is already embedded in the software.

EDIT: If anyone has recs for screen protectors and/or cases that would be great. I prefer the slimmer, polycarbonate/rubbery types vs. the hard metal bulky types.

Edited by recstar24

EDIT: If anyone has recs for screen protectors and/or cases that would be great. I prefer the slimmer, polycarbonate/rubbery types vs. the hard metal bulky types.

I was just looking for the same thing a couple weeks ago and the SwitchEasy Rebel seems to be one of the higher rated ones:

Welcome to SwitchEasy

The Incase Slider also seems to be pretty nice:

Incase Slider Case for iPhone 3G

I ended up getting a BestSkinsEver to cover the back for now. I will probably end up getting a Rebel at some point.

Does anyone have a link or can help with tethering for 3G with 3.0 OS for ATT? The link jacob posted was pre 3.0 and I guess it is different for OS 3.0 as tethering is already embedded in the software.

Enable Tethering on Fido and Rogers iPhone - Cell Phone Forums

Works for me with ATT, Macbook Pro and iPhone 3G and 3GS on OS 3.0

I have two Incase Sliders (posted above), one is rubbery black poly and the other in shiny slick poly with the SF Giants logo. Both received as Father's Day gifts from my kids. Good stuff.

I was going to upgrade my phone to an Omnia and they told I would have to pay them thirty dollars for essentially nothing or $45 for unlimited data. I explained that it seemed quite expensive as I would be using wi-fi at home and at work. At that point he proceeded to tell me that even when I was using wi-fi I was still using their network for data. I stopped him there and told him I would be switching to AT&T in September since their data plan is 50% less/month and if I have to pay for a data plan then it will at least be for a phone that can replace my touch.

The makers of the file backup and synchronization service Dropbox have announced that their iPhone application is “almost here.” The software will let you access your Dropbox from the iPhone, view files, save them to your phone, and synchronize photos from your iPhone to your Dropbox.

Yay!