Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Are you sure you have a 3G? You didn't happen to get a refurb, did you? I wonder if they put it in an older case? So is it flush or isn't it? Do you have one of those "iPod condoms" around it, that might help prevent the plug from going all the way in? Or maybe it's going in, but you're just not feeling it go all the way in?

Are you sure you have a 3G? You didn't happen to get a refurb, did you? I wonder if they put it in an older case? So is it flush or isn't it? Do you have one of those "iPod condoms" around it, that might help prevent the plug from going all the way in? Or maybe it's going in, but you're just not feeling it go all the way in?

sidebyside5.jpg

Mine definitely looks like the top one, and according to the case, it is a 3g. I do have 3g data access on my iphone of course. However, the plug of my shure se530's does not insert fully into it, which means there is no bass and it sounds phasey, though there is sound.

Okay this is weird...I just tried to plug in my shures and voila they fit perfectly in. I swear when I tried this a month ago for the 1st time on the airplane it wouldn't insert fully...a week ago or two I used the stock earbuds to insert and check it worked, and now the shures fit fine. Blame me for being an iphone newb I guess:palm:

good thing i have tethering enabled, as my upstairs neighbor (we shared a business class line) just up and cancelled the service (it was under his name) instead of having it put under my name when he moved. i don't move into my new place until the 15th, not enough time to make it worth while activating new service here.

What a jerkomorphass :basement:

good thing i have tethering enabled, as my upstairs neighbor (we shared a business class line) just up and cancelled the service (it was under his name) instead of having it put under my name when he moved. i don't move into my new place until the 15th, not enough time to make it worth while activating new service here.

damn that's cold

Okay, this is a weird one, at least to me. When I plug my iphone into my computer, it doesn't recognize it, doesn't show up in itunes, won't charge, etc. It's like it's not plugged in at all. I've tried the same usb thingy with my ipods and computer, and no problems. I've tried a different usb thingy and still nothing. I've turned it off and on a few times and nothing different. When I use the same usb cord and and connect it to the wall, it charges. I dunno what's going on or what to do. This kinda stinks as I actually started using it for phone/music at the gym, and I wanted to change the tunes in it. Blech. Any ideas?

I used to have that problem, but I don't remember the solution, and I don't have that problem now, so can't try to recreate it (the solution). Try a different USB port? I do remember patience being one of the problems -- need to give the two devices a chance to shake hands and whatnot. I do vaguely remember that I (a) had to have iTunes already running, and (B) the iPhone should be on. Trying Hopstretch's suggestion is also a good idea.

Try putting the phone into DFU mode and see if iTunes will recognize it then.

Connect it to the computer and open iTunes. Press and hold the home and sleep button together for 10-15 seconds.

I would try the "Press and hold the home and sleep button together" without plugging it in, but holding those keys until the unit totally reboots, which is after the power-off slider comes and goes and the white apple screen comes up. Once the white apple screen comes up I would let go of the buttons and let it complete it's reboot. After that it should be back to normal, without needing the computer. (crosses fingers)