Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Ok, I'm starting to get pretty pissed off about the Iphone's inability to send or receive picture messages. My freakin' free, 4 year old shitty Verizon phone could do this and the Iphone can't?!?!? My dad tried to send me a picture message tonight and AT&T directed me to some website to view the message but regardless of how I enter the required information it won't let me access the picture.

This is weak on an epic scale.

Ok, I'm starting to get pretty pissed off about the Iphone's inability to send or receive picture messages. My freakin' free, 4 year old shitty Verizon phone could do this and the Iphone can't?!?!? My dad tried to send me a picture message tonight and AT&T directed me to some website to view the message but regardless of how I enter the required information it won't let me access the picture.

This is weak on an epic scale.

Agreed, this should be available soon. I believe there is a work around for this now, however.

Agreed, this should be available soon. I believe there is a work around for this now, however.

There's no work around that I can find that would allow me to receive them unless the sender has the ability to essentially send me an email from there phone which isn't really the same thing. And most of the folks that this is an issue with (my parents, for example) have basic run of the mill cell phones with cameras that can send pix messages all day long but not email. Right now I'd just really like to see a picture of my new niece but that isn't an option on the uberfail phone. :chair:

There's no work around that I can find that would allow me to receive them unless the sender has the ability to essentially send me an email from there phone which isn't really the same thing. And most of the folks that this is an issue with (my parents, for example) have basic run of the mill cell phones with cameras that can send pix messages all day long but not email. Right now I'd just really like to see a picture of my new niece but that isn't an option on the uberfail phone. :chair:

Yeah, there is much to despise about the iPhone. And also the awful combination of the iPhone + AT&T. It is with great pleasure that I read the news that DOJ will be investigating exclusivity arrangements such as that between AT&Fail and the iPhone.

Of course, I'll still be first in line to buy one of those iTabletFails...

So I just picked up my iphone 3gs yesterday and I'm loving it. The only issue I'm having is that I picked up a switcheasy rebel case to go with it and the 3.5mm connector on the jh13 pros won't fit because of the hard plastic part of the case. It prevents the connector from fitting flush in the headphone jack.

Anyone (specifically jh13pro owners) have any suggestions for alleviating this rather big problem? What kind of cases are you guys using?

So I just picked up my iphone 3gs yesterday and I'm loving it. The only issue I'm having is that I picked up a switcheasy rebel case to go with it and the 3.5mm connector on the jh13 pros won't fit because of the hard plastic part of the case. It prevents the connector from fitting flush in the headphone jack.

Anyone (specifically jh13pro owners) have any suggestions for alleviating this rather big problem? What kind of cases are you guys using?

I Just use the little extension that Switcheasy ships with the case for my NeoTouch. Does the rebel come with one?

The NeoTouch case came with a little two inch cable with a thin bodied jack on one end that allows you to plug whatever headphone you want into it.

I was hoping I would not have to use it but the UE-11s do not fit in the hole so I have no choice.

I had the same problem with my switcheasy case so I gave it to my daughter and bought this: incase bamboo slider

I'm on my family's Verizon plan, so I have one of those little free phones, plus an iPod Touch for everything else. I can get picture messages, then Bluetooth them over to my Mac fairly easily via BitPim, and then use the iPod for everything except basic phone usage. It's not very optimal to have two devices, but until AT&T stops being crappy (never) or Apple teams up with another service, I won't be getting a regular iPhone.

It's not very optimal to have two devices, but until AT&T stops being crappy (never) or Apple teams up with another service, I won't be getting a regular iPhone.

I'm very much on the fence about keeping mine right now which is precisely why I bought used and did not sign a contract. It's a great multi-media entertainment device, but pretty marginal in the phone department and I don't need to spend $80 a month to be entertained.

I'm very much on the fence about keeping mine right now which is precisely why I bought used and did not sign a contract. It's a great multi-media entertainment device, but pretty marginal in the phone department and I don't need to spend $80 a month to be entertained.

Exactly. I've found that wifi is prevalent enough to not justify a data plan, especially since 9 months out of the year are spent at school, where I can get service everywhere on campus. I recently got the free upgrade to a Samsung Juke. Although it's already a two year old phone, it's really small and works with Bitpim on my mac, which were really the only requirements I had for a regular phone. I don't really txt that much, so I wasn't worried about a full keyboard. I'd rather send an email anyway and avoid paying the ridiculous bandwidth fees that the cell companies charge.

yeah but what you forget is iphone is king.

As far as case/headphone problems, I have never really understand the mania over iphone cases. I've always kept mine nude. Sure it gets scuffed up, but I decided early on I'd treat my iphone like a tool. Its a tough little device.