Post Your Pet

naamanf

the speakers as scratching posts, no. the rest, yes, as it's nothing worse than having a dog does. but the speakers, no. i'm probably going to be moving into a loft, so i wouldn't even be able to have a separate room for my gear. no kitties, maybe guinea pig, then.

Guinea pigs are fun, but I will warn you, they are some of the most messy animals you will ever encounter. Lets just say..."In one end, out the other".

I've made a few half-hearted efforts to learn... Unfortunately after work and coaching I just don't have the concentration to teach myself. But I do read a lot of Russian history and (translated) fiction, and as a result have picked up some here and there.

I knew. (I think we've been over this before, though.)

It's still a great name. Not as great as 'couch', though.

You are correct. And fair enough... Consider it fixed:

I did. A cat named cat that nobody knows few people know is just named cat.

My dad always wanted a cat named "Dog" and a dog named "Cat" but never did it. My uncle actually named one of his dogs "You" so he could just say "Hey, You... Get over here!" Weird.

She came as Loki from the SPCA. It was a tough call between Koshka and Lady Wilhelmina Fluffybottoms III.

No, I wasn't trying to get you to qualify your statement every time you said it, please don't worry about that. In fact, I forgot I said it until I did what I did last time, which was to mentally rename her "sonofabitch" (SOO-kin sin) or "bitch" (SOO-ka) in Russian, and then remembered that I had had that thought before. I think. Either that, or it was just deja vu all over again.

No, I wouldn't really. When I had two online pets that I could name myself (the first time I've ever named a pet of any sort), I called them "Turquoise" and "Glass". (They've probably since "died" from lack of being fed or given any attention.) But yeah, it might be fun to name them something weird in a non-native tongue. Like naming a black cat "whitey" in Arabic or a small squat dog "giraffe" in Chinese or something.

I think you meant Lady Wilhelmina Fluffy Bottoms III. And: no, that wouldn't be a tough call at all. "Koshka", it is.

• 1 year later...

Arrived home after a hectic day at the office to find this in my back yard------

img0253zb.jpg

He/she appears to be at least 24 inches long and very ornery; that is why the measurement is a guestimate rather than an actual. I think we will call him either Herpie or iPodbiteyoazz.

So far the total box score is me-24 rattlesnakes

Edited by Augsburger
Mo bettah

That's a shitload of rattlers to have in your yard. My brother's house is at the foot of Mt. Diablo and he has them pretty often. He got bit one night when he went to pull the weeds around a sprinkler head. Baby rattler got him good. Big swollen black hand, but luckily they dealt with it reasonably quickly (although the hospital was out of anti-venom and he had to wait for some to be transferred).