What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripped out the kitchen cabinets, tore down a wall, rerouted some electrical wires, started to pull up the old flooring, etc.

:o :o :o

I guess I assumed you were a renter, due to your age.

What's the scope of the project?

Ripped out the kitchen cabinets, tore down a wall, rerouted some electrical wires, started to pull up the old flooring, etc.

Sounds like a fun little project. My kitchen remodel continues... Cabintes are in, ceiling and most of the walls are good to go and . Just got the light fixtures squared away yesterday. Now it's onto the switches and outlets, appliances, backsplash, counter, cabinet doors & hardware, pantry shelving and flooring.

Good luck!

Tried to rollover my 401k from former employer and was told that one computer program still had me listed as an active employee, so it can't be processed for 1-2 business days. :palm:

As nicely as possible I told them, There's a reason I want it today, assholes, and it's been 6 months since I left. Fix it NOW. I was told that they'll call me back today when the problem is fixed. I'm going to file that it the not very fuckin' likely pile.

:o :o :o

I guess I assumed you were a renter, due to your age.

What's the scope of the project?

Heh, nah, it's my parent's house, I'm just staying here for now because the rent is cheaper (and due to some special circumstances... ingwe knows what I mean), which means I've also become the guy stuck with doing home repairs and improvements. It's a kitchen remodel... removing the wall between it and the "dining room" (a useless tiny area off the living room) to make it much bigger and more open, and also allowing an island to be added. Also widened the doorway between the kitchen and the entry hallway today. The linoleum floors (and carpet from the "dining room") are all being replaced with new hardwood floors (contractor is gonna fix a couple sagging joists to level out the floor before we can put it down... it's an old house), getting new cabinets and granite countertops (bye bye formica), recessed can lighting, actual sheetrock on the walls instead of wood paneling, etc. Already got new appliances last year, and have previously built a pantry off part of the "breakfast area" (which is bigger than the so-called "dining room") since it was wider than the main part of the kitchen (L-shaped).

I spent a good part of today crawling around in the attic to reroute more electrical wiring. Fuckin' attic has about 3' at the apex and 18" where the light fixtures were, and when new insulation was put in at some point the idiots ran it perpendicular to the joists to save effort so it's not like I could just get a good spot laying down on my side across the joists. Oh, and to get into said attic, you have to go into the basement, and climb up a "ladder" made across the top of the stairwell. So yeah, today pretty much sucked.