What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. I was given no choice in the matter and they couldn't tell me what I'd get. But I do have a dock for the Latitude so kind of hope I get a Latitude of some sort. Just one with a different video card.

The Latitude I have for work, e6400, is awful. One of the slowest, laggiest machines I have worked with in quite a while.

jin wins gold star. :)

A few years ago, I actually found a police detective's work cell phone in a parking lot near my house, which I found out by calling one of the numbers on it. I drove to the police station and turned it in. Not only was I not thanked, I was treated as though I had stolen it. Bah.

On my way to Monaco for some business meetings today. I'm sitting in Miami at the airport now.

Discovered this morning that I have no clue where I put my trusty JH13 thingies! Add that to the mysterious disappearance of my Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L glass. I'm hoping that they will both "turn up" eventually.

In the case of the lens, I'm hoping it is still in Tampa safe and sound in the motorhome, and that I didn't actually put that lens in my check in baggage! If so, it's gone.

As for the JH13, I'll have to keep checking through all of my shirt, pants, and shorts pockets and hope they turn up one day. I've got the Shure E500 case that I usually carry them in, but of course it's empty.

Went clubbing last night, then woke up bright and early to send my parents to the pier for their cruise. Went to my friend's place and had some chicken and rice, then took a nap. Woke up, watched some tv, then took another nap. Met up with some friends at Essex restaurant for a birthday get together, then made our way to Arlo & Esme bar. Then to Slate lounge, then to LES to bar hop. Finally home and tired as hell.

Played in my first live tourney yesterday. 15k guarantee. Like an idiot I diidnt take any breaks for the 11 hours I was there and was fortunate enough to be seated next to a donkey who I could hear loud and clear through the jh16s with music playing. Ended up losing the majority of my stack when I misread the 6 as a 9 on the board. And then busted out when I had QQ and the other guy had KK and board was KQ. Finished 8th. Top 5 paid. Ok for a first time but it is so much more exhausting than playing online.

But I was also playing cash games during the breaks so came out with 80 more than what I went there with. Not sure if live tourneys are for me but this one I probably learnt the most compared to all the others I have played. Was able to pick up some tells which I was quite happy about. It's a pretty awesome feeling when you can tell what the guy is playing and what he is about to bet.

Donkey? If 6 was 9? QQ/KK/KQ?

try playing a game for 11 hours straight with a loud man screaming random shit right next to you and then tell me your eyes dont start playing games with you.

when you are short stack by a large margin at a table of 8 players and you get QQ, and the flop comes K Q rag, theres a 5% chance that another player at the table has KK (the only hand that beats you on the flop) the only thing to do there is to push and double up in the event you win. even novice poker players know that. but im sure you and justin knew that already. if i have QQ with that board, KQ doesnt beat me (just gives the guy 2 pair, which the last time i checked, loses to trips) so not sure where you get that from.

I used one of those packets of active dry yeast. The directions for the bread maker called for active dry yeast (no proofing mentioned) so I figured it didn't rise because the yeast had an "best by" date of Nov 09. Guess I haven't done much baking in a while. Do you recommend always proofing first even for a bread machine? I don't really want to use the "instant" bread machine yeast. I suppose I should make real bread in an oven. I suck at baking.