What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded up my backpack with 4 boxes of Winchester white box ammo, my Sig,

You mean my Sig right? :)

I miss that gun, that thing has a fucking sweet trigger. Too bad it is a little too big for my hands....I'd kill for my HK to have the same trigger as your Sig.

Thankfully convolution in the time domain is multiplication in the frequency domain.:) You doing discrete or continuous stuff?

What's the project. I do a lot of convoluted convolutions :) Time domain and frequency domain.

Using convolutions/cross correlation for pattern recognition (tumor recognition) in CT/MRI images. I think I got the general idea, but I cant see how this is better than using ANN/SVMs :(

But if any of you guys have any websites/pages I should read up on, that would be great :)

Using convolutions/cross correlation for pattern recognition (tumor recognition) in CT/MRI images. I think I got the general idea, but I cant see how this is better than using ANN/SVMs :(

But if any of you guys have any websites/pages I should read up on, that would be great :)

I'm guessing that ANN is Artificial Neural Network which needs multiple examples to train but I guessing that the convolution based approaches allow you to look at across the length scales and correlate that with past tumors length scales which would be very interesting.....

As far as websites go I don't know I believe all I used was Mathworld....

My Sig, which used to be raffy's, had some substantial trigger work done to it shoots real nice. There is a guy selling an HK USP 45 fullsize locally for a nice price but I've never shot one. There is a Glock 21 SF also for sale with Ameriglo sights for a nice price as well that I'm interested in. I like the idea of the short frame. It's a 3rd Gen. I've shot the 21 and like it. I have this itch for another .45 but I really should just say no to more guns.

really? the USP triggers i've encountered, which isn't a bunch, but they have been recent, have ranged from adequate to lousy, but the SIGs have always been pretty nice. now the HK P7, that is a trigger.

the tactical is an adjustable trigger that is significantly nicer than the stock usp. I do like the sig a lot, but I've spent way more time with the hk at the range.

I'm guessing that ANN is Artificial Neural Network which needs multiple examples to train but I guessing that the convolution based approaches allow you to look at across the length scales and correlate that with past tumors length scales which would be very interesting.....

As far as websites go I don't know I believe all I used was Mathworld....

Thanks. Even that small tidbit helped with my understanding :)

Dan, you have the USP tactical? The one I'm looking at is the stock full size. The guy wants $660 ftf (he is in Miami). He claims it's close to new and I can probably get it for closer to $600.

yah, I have the usp tactical 45. I wouldn't get the standard one, id go with a sig p220 instead.

I don't remember. I have the gun with me but the box and paper work are at home. Maybe raffy will read this and tell us.

Yep it has the Gray guns short reset package. The stock trigger wasn't bad at all but Gray did a great job cleaning up the action, shortening the reset and lightening the SA pull to around 4 lbs.

The HK I have is a P30 which has superior ergonomics compared to the P229 especially for lefties like me but the trigger is nowhere close to Mike's Sig.

Thanks. I know that there seems to be a few here that aren't Glock fans (Brent) but I've a few and they have always shot well for me and are so reasonably priced and hold their value that the 21 SF is tempting me.

I'm not a big Glock fan either though they seem to be super-reliable guns. The grip angle is kinda funky and again, they are a little thick for my tiny hands.

I carry a USPc .45 quite a bit and the trigger after a tiny bit of work is far better than the Sigs I have shot. I do not like the LEM trigger at all but the SA/DA is perfectly usable. If you care about a nice trigger, accuracy and "carryability" on a .45 the answer is easy, and it is not plastic.