What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daycare was closed due to lack of A/C. So I had my son in the morning, but was on conference calls for most of it--he was very cooperative, god bless him. Drove to work at around Noon, on a conference call the whole time, arrive at work at 1pm. Leave at 7:45. Get charged for 1/2 a vacation day. Senseless.

less than 7 hrs in the office sounds like a half day for a partner track lawyer in ny... :)

Yesterday there was a state holiday so we went to the zoo. I met some of our friends who all have kids now as well. It was a blast. Great to see my friends since we are all pretty busy with our families and such :).

Then I got home did some work, listened to the cans of course and went to bed.

Yesterday I got hit on by an asian chick in Borders asking me for advice on symphonies. Either that or she thought I worked there.

ha, that happens to me all the time in basically every store ranging from supermarkets to barnes and noble to home depot. I guess I have that working high school/college student look or something

I had my first shift as a barman today (you would think that by 23 I'd have had this job already). Thursday morning being the quietest shift of the week deemed as perfect for familiarising me with the computer tills and how to change a keg and stuff. Gods it was dull though. I poured about 20 drinks in 7 hours. On again tomo night and looking forward to it. My dissertation research fieldwork is in this pub so I get the privilege of writing up notes on everything I've done and observed at the end of each day too.