What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just brought home two kittens, a short-haired black boy and a long-haired tortie girl. The boy is now running around exploring the living room while the girl is hiding either in the carrier or behind things.

Here's the black one playing with a toy (you can also see all the dirt/dust I need to sweep still).

blackkitten.jpg

...and the girl sleeping on our couch.

tortikitten.jpg

Those are some cute kittens Salty.

I woke up at 5:20am to let out the puppy and then managed to get back to sleep until just before 7am. Did a little quiet surfing and playing with the pup until the kids finally woke up around 9am. I just had breakfast of pancakes and bacon made by he kids, and my daughter made my second cappuccino. The first one had little foam peaks like the cover of Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures album, and the second had a heart shaped from coffee in the white foam. Sweet, and if I had a card reader I would post a pic of the heart cup. Spinning a couple records, opened a very cool lamp the kids picked out at a groovy design store. Life is good. Gotta call my dad.

Thanks - the kittens are now running around about 1/2 of our house with no fears. They spent most of yesterday hissing and growling at each other, even though they came from the same foster home and were in the same carrier when we brought them home. By late morning today, they were chasing/wrestling/playing with each other.

Been out of town since Tuesday... So I'll post the update.

My week @ the NCAA Outdoor T&F Championships

• Tuesday - Flew out of Logan through Minneaopolis/St Paul to Des Moines. Went to the track, got checked in, took our athlete through pre-meet. Drove into downtown Des Moines and was pretty blown away by the flooding. Went back to the high and dry safety of West Des Moines and called it a night.
  • Wednesday - Lazy morning. Great brunch @ the Drake Diner. Headed over to the track later in the day for the women's pole vault prelims. Warm-ups went poorly for our athlete, the competition went as poorly. Not practicing for 3 weeks while on an island for a summer field ornithology class caught up with her. But she still had a great season, improving by almost 2 feet since this time last year. And now my summer officially begins!
  • Thursday -Another great day... A friend from school, originally from Iowa but currently living in AZ, was back visiting her folks. So she, her mom and her three daughters made the trip to Des Moines for lunch. Sooooooo much fun. And because we had to plan on being in town for the vault finals, I was in Des Moines through Saturday. So after lunch it was back to the track. Some pretty amazing performances.
  • Friday - Another lazy morning, followed by a trip to UPS Freight to ship the vaulting poles back to UNH. Once we got out of the city, the flooding was very aparant. Tough times ahead for a good portion of Iowa. Even I-80 was closed east of Des Moines, and was within a foot or two of the edge of pavement just north of the city. Then back to the track for another great afternoon/evening of competition. Men's and women's vault finals were going on, and it was pretty fun to just sit back and watch the events with no pressure or stress.
  • Saturday - Up early, and a long day of travelling back to NH... Des Moines through Memphis back to Logan. Back around 8:30.

And today, recovering. I tried to do some work while in IA, and definitely didn't get as much done as I hoped. That trend continued today with a very lazy morning. Went to the local coffee shop, got my large 4-shot/half-shot of peppermint mocha, finished the book I started at the airport yesterday. Currently trying to get motivated to get some work done this aftenroon. All while trying to get used to the new forum layout!

2dsmuj7.jpg

I noticed that the kitty, doghuh and sadcat are all 60 pixels on the larger side, so I made this one 60x55. I'm not sure the feeling of the pic is conveyed at such a small resolution. I'm going to try a tigher crop.

wgvwg0.jpg

That one's a bit better, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. Thoughts?

Been out of town since Tuesday... So I'll post the update.

My week @ the NCAA Outdoor T&F Championships

• Tuesday - Flew out of Logan through Minneaopolis/St Paul to Des Moines. Went to the track, got checked in, took our athlete through pre-meet. Drove into downtown Des Moines and was pretty blown away by the flooding. Went back to the high and dry safety of West Des Moines and called it a night.
  • Wednesday - Lazy morning. Great brunch @ the Drake Diner. Headed over to the track later in the day for the women's pole vault prelims. Warm-ups went poorly for our athlete, the competition went as poorly. Not practicing for 3 weeks while on an island for a summer field ornithology class caught up with her. But she still had a great season, improving by almost 2 feet since this time last year. And now my summer officially begins!
  • Thursday -Another great day... A friend from school, originally from Iowa but currently living in AZ, was back visiting her folks. So she, her mom and her three daughters made the trip to Des Moines for lunch. Sooooooo much fun. And because we had to plan on being in town for the vault finals, I was in Des Moines through Saturday. So after lunch it was back to the track. Some pretty amazing performances.
  • Friday - Another lazy morning, followed by a trip to UPS Freight to ship the vaulting poles back to UNH. Once we got out of the city, the flooding was very aparant. Tough times ahead for a good portion of Iowa. Even I-80 was closed east of Des Moines, and was within a foot or two of the edge of pavement just north of the city. Then back to the track for another great afternoon/evening of competition. Men's and women's vault finals were going on, and it was pretty fun to just sit back and watch the events with no pressure or stress.
  • Saturday - Up early, and a long day of travelling back to NH... Des Moines through Memphis back to Logan. Back around 8:30.

And today, recovering. I tried to do some work while in IA, and definitely didn't get as much done as I hoped. That trend continued today with a very lazy morning. Went to the local coffee shop, got my large 4-shot/half-shot of peppermint mocha, finished the book I started at the airport yesterday. Currently trying to get motivated to get some work done this aftenroon. All while trying to get used to the new forum layout!

That would explain your absence in the WAYLT thread. Go find my multiple 'WHERE IAN' posts. ;D

Nice to know I was missed :D I saw them!

What did you think of the musics?

I haven't gotten around to all of them yet, but I have enjoyed the stray and unter null ones so far.

I acquired about 15 or so new albums last week, so I am slowly digesting them :) Thanks again. I have a few on the duckett for you.