What did you do today?

riceboy

like yesterday, i've slept most of the day instead of doing the work i need to do, but today it's because of a migraine that imitrex isn't touching. i hope it goes away before tomorrow, but i'd hate to have the first day of a new job start out with my avoiding people and hiding in the dark.

That sucks. I've had migraines since I can remember. I've been lucky that immitrex works for me just about every time. I hope you feel better. Good luck with the new job.

I've sat around, listened to music, saw The Hulk and now back to listening to music. Next is the onslaught of family for a Father's Day bbq.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<repeat 10 times>I shall never buy cheap motherboards again</repeat 10 times>

I choose to do an emergency update from OpenSuse 10.3 to 11RC1, as a lock up resulted in fucked up filesystem. Most things seemed to be ok this morning. OpenSuse updates are now almost as painless as with Debian, after some preliminary magic it was just a "zypper dup" (where do they get the names from ??? ) and a reboot.

Worked today, just came back home...had problems with a client who brought in her Samsung camera 2 weeks ago to have it repaired.

She lost the usb cable and said I should have it which I don't. Also it turned out to be the usb cable from the mp3-player from her daughter, coz she found out the usb cable from the camera was still at home...

She said I send it to Samsung along with the camera..which I didn't. I never send any cables along as they end up losing those things most of the time, unless it's necessary, which it wasn't.

And normally when I send such things along I make notes on the form of which one goes to the repair service and one to the client as a prove of leaving behind the camera. It was not filled in on the form of course.

But she kept saying I lost it and that it was a clumsy service (WTF...) but I don't have that bloody cable! God I was so pissed!

This morning her daughter called me at work to whine about the cable and that her mother didn't had anything to do with losing the cable AAARRGGHHH. I told her I would call Samsung to ask if they ever got a cable with the camera and I'd call her back, which I was gonna do anyways today before she called.

2 minutes after that her mom called that she found her daughter upset at home because of our little chat..jeezusss. I told her the same as I did her daughter.

As you can see there's no real way out of this "did - do - didn't - do" issue so I decided to get her a new cable at my own expense. That, she was happy with.

BUT to get that cable is a whole different story.

I called 3 different numbers and all pointed me to another phonenumber except for the last which sent me through some options, press 1, press 9 that kind of shit and finally if you want to talk to a real person please hold on.....wait...wait...this phone is currently busy, this is the home menu, press 1, press 9 and if you want to talk to a real person please hold..wait...wait...this phone is currently busy, this is the home menu AAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fockin screw you!!!!!!! They are even worse than Sony, no wonder we normally don't do any business with Samsung :mikey2:

Got home finally (that story took me almost the entire day) and my bf ordered the cable on Ebay yeay!

Sorry for the long rant but I got real cracked up today. Now just chillaz and listen to some music, always a good ending :)

Damn that sounds awful :(. Glad you are enjoying music now.

Yesterday my wife had made Father's Day breakfast. It was really good :). Then I got to move our sons bed which was still in a crib format. It can change to a toddler bed and then to a full size bed. It is now in the toddler bed format. Then I got to watch Serenity and we had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. The food was pretty good and my son liked that it was near the waterfront so we could see all the boats. What's really neat is that there is a place for you to dock your boat and then come up to the restaurant. Then we went to a local ice cream shop that makes their own ice cream. It was a good day.

I have a very strong application for the

:prettyprincess: Idiot of the Day Award! :prettyprincess:

My computer misery is described a few posts ago. When I got home, I couldn't get the sound to work. Everything looked nice from the application side, power was on (for dac and amp), phone was plugged etc. After a lot of software fiddling, I started on the really desperate track and decided to remove an unused soundcard (which never has done any harm to anybody). I then noticed that the cable between the dac and amp was unplugged. Sound is ok now, after I have undone my previous attempts to "repair" it.

my current office mate doesn't care for Ornette Coleman, i found out.

I hope you get to do the cool stuff and shake it up. Maybe we should put together some mixes with all Archie Shepp, Albert Ayler, Don Cherry, and Pharaoh Sanders, Eric Dolphy and Sun Ra just to fuck with your office mate. :stick:

you know, i haven't worked a regular 8-5 job in a while. it's weird to have your day bifurcated. at my old job, i pretty much just showed up when i felt like it, so i didn't have a real "work" mentality. it's actually kinda nice.

Oh, believe me, the nice part of schedules will change. Then again, I'm usually at work at 7AM ^-^

Glad you like the new job. Maybe the office mate doesnt like Free Jazz in general? When I bring up jazz to people my age, their eyes tend to glaze over like I'm CSpan. :rolleyes:

Nice your started your new job, Reks, even with the unappreciative co-worker. Someone who doesn't like Ornette Coleman...>:(

I had a really good day. Signed a contract for a new position at the job I'd been working towards for awhile now. The next three to six months is going to be pretty demanding, and with a whole new schedule, but I'm excited. We've also been building a new office building that is supposedly (uh...yeah) going to be open in August. With that, I'll be getting a rather large office, and will finally be allowed an office rig. Now, what to get.....:)

Dang, you boys are mean. :'(

I basically have about three or four months to plan this rig until the new building opens. Can't have anything too isolating, and can't be large. May just stick with the MacBook Pro, pico, ESW9s, but I don't like the idea of carting my laptop around (I drop things a lot and killed the last one that way), and can't use office computer for music. I don't really...er...need a new rig, but...but...but.............