What did you do today?

riceboy

Played "Sweat your ass off at work because a tornado last weekend screwed up power delivery and today our air conditioning went down and we did several rounds of shut a bunch of servers down no bring them back up no shut them down for real and no we won't let you go home even if the third floor is 110 degrees F and stop whining and bring the servers back up". One of my favorite games for sure.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played "Sweat your ass off at work because a tornado last weekend screwed up power delivery and today our air conditioning went down and we did several rounds of shut a bunch of servers down no bring them back up no shut them down for real and no we won't let you go home even if the third floor is 110 degrees F and stop whining and bring the servers back up". One of my favorite games for sure.
Yeezh. I fucking hate that game.

Woke up, did nothing. Came to work, did some more nothing. Opened an envelope and learned I'd gotten a pretty sweet raise two pay periods ago, but since I'm not great at paying attention to this sort of thing, and no one told me, I had no idea. I feel kinda bad because I've been talking and meeting with my boss and others re near future changes with whatever the heck it is that I do, and, obviously, never thanked him, and it was certainly a thank-worthy raise. I'm also afraid it was a mistake, since it's my third nice raise since last November, and I don't even have a formal position. Ah well. I'm still at work, doing nothing. Nice day all the way around.

Spent more hours today than I can to mention cross referencing prints from my film camera with jpegs from my digital SLR trying to figure out when I took various shots last week. Then I spent even longer comparing the field of view between my 35mm and 50mm, to identify which lens I used in various shots. This is a lot harder than one would imagine. Fortunately, I shot an entire roll with just my 50mm, so it served as a good baseline reference.

Of course, I also switched between 135mm and 200mm primes on one roll, and it's all but impossible to tell which lens I used. Both lenses are manual focus, so they don't leave any EXIF data, even on my dSLR. After some careful research (and mining my foggy memory) I've mostly sorted it out. From now on, I'm carrying a journal (or a PDA) and writing down the time, date, lens and F-stop/aperture setting on every fricken shot I take with film. :rant: Isn't this was serious photographers did back in the 20th century?

Then I found out Tim Russert died, and I was shocked. The rest of this political season won't be the same without him. :(

Oh, yeah. Then I went and got the mail, and had a box with balanced DT-880s waiting for me. :dance: I've got them on right now. Sadly, they are driven in single-ended mode. They'll be that way until I get a balanced amp, duh. Capsule review: they definitely have a deeper bass extension than the 2K3 model, but will never be mistaken for HD-650s any time soon. They are just as comfortable as their predecessors, and have that same gorgeous floaty decay. They're also really easy on the eyes. Much better looking than the flat-sided 2003s. 8)