What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that isn't a philosophy i've ever ascribed to, as i don't believe that qualia exist only as counterpoints.

If you don't experience life, you don't get bad and you don't get good. If you make connections, sometimes they break. Everyone dies, everything ends eventually. If you're not willing to go out on a limb and take a risk, you won't ever get the bad, but you also won't ever get the good. And without the bad, good has less meaning, because the difference between low and high is lessened.

If you don't experience life, you don't get bad and you don't get good. If you make connections, sometimes they break. Everyone dies, everything ends eventually. If you're not willing to go out on a limb and take a risk, you won't ever get the bad, but you also won't ever get the good. And without the bad, good has less meaning, because the difference between low and high is lessened.

Nice philosophy, I agree.

Congrats on the new job, Reks!! Hope you'll be able to make it a succes :)

that isn't a philosophy i've ever ascribed to, as i don't believe that qualia exist only as counterpoints.

But the point, at least for me (sorry, grawk, if not your point) is that the true beauty in living is getting to have all of it, the gut-wrenching depths and heights giving definition to each other and shading everything in between. I sure don't go looking for pain, emotional or otherwse, but when it happens, I welcome it as any other friend.

Reks, big congrats on the job, and Dan, sorry, again, about Loki.

Reks, there's a real interesting book around by a Portugese neuroscientist, basically connecting brain science with Spinoza, and separating the feeling mind from the emotional mind. I think you'd like it. I'll get back with you later when I'm not on my phone.

As for today, I got to one airport at 4:30 am, got on a plane, hung around another airport, got on another plane, and am now stuck waiting in a steamy parking garage for someone to help me with my very dead battery...ugh. Since cables won't work on my car, this might prove to be a royal pain...double ugh.

I worked today...why did they ever invented that sighh....no I kid ;D

Came home, had a coffee and a smoke and was browsing the internet when my boyfriend let me hear his voicemail....The Apogee came in!!!!!! Now I just have to wait till we can ride and pick it up which will be maybe thursday evening and when they're not open then next MONDAY... ARRRRGGHHHH the agony of waiting!!!!!!!! :o

I understand, and agree. As an example, if I may be blunt -- it's the chance you take when you adopt a pet with a shorter lifespan than you have. (I.E. me and Luvbug. I know she's going to die before I'm ready, but that's not going to stop me from devoting everything I have to her.)

I understand, and agree. As an example, if I may be blunt -- it's the chance you take when you adopt a pet with a shorter lifespan than you have. (I.E. me and Luvbug. I know she's going to die before I'm ready, but that's not going to stop me from devoting everything I have to her.)

Pussy whipped.

My family has basically come to the agreement that we will have to get another dog/pet pretty much immediately after our dog Scooter dies further down the road. She really is a member of the family :)

My family has basically come to the agreement that we will have to get another dog/pet pretty much immediately after our dog Scooter dies further down the road. She really is a member of the family :)

We've decided to take some time without any pets.