What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first alarm clock I ever owned, a Sony Dream Machine with 9-volt battery backup. I've been using it since 1985. In the preceding 23 years, I've had two other alarm clocks. Both were later iterations of the Sony Dream Machine model. They had ugly LED displays, vs. this one's gorgeous vacuum fluorescent one. They also died on me at most inopportune times, while this one has kept on ticking. At some point, the power cord became quite frayed, and the clock would lose power if I moved it. Two days ago it bit me with a small jolt of electricity. I spent half an hour today taking it apart, cutting out the bad section of cord, making a splice with some crimp sleeves, and re-assembling it. The clock once again works like a charm.

As a side note, this is the first shot I've taken using a gray card and custom white balance mode on my 30D. I think it came out pretty well.

WANT

They're coming, just not sure when. We've done one round of prototyping (this pcb) and I think we're going to do a second to tweak one or two things and then we'll release the hounds. The first revision looks like this:

SSMH-Dsavitsk3-sm.jpg

SSMH-Dsavitsk2-sm.jpg

All I have left is to wire the DC jack, switch, pot and input.

They're coming, just not sure when. We've done one round of prototyping (this pcb) and I think we're going to do a second to tweak one or two things and then we'll release the hounds. The first revision looks like this:

SSMH-Dsavitsk3-sm.jpg

SSMH-Dsavitsk2-sm.jpg

All I have left is to wire the DC jack, switch, pot and input.

Let me know if you need a hand prototyping ;)

EDIT: Also, you are listenign at Posty levels ;) (yes I do realize the pot is upside down ;) )

Can you add a place for speaker taps?

Only on the special -=*=- version of the pcb. Of course only one of those will ever be made, cause, like there can only be one of something that special cause it was patented at age 19 before it became a NSF scholar pcb at which point it became so awesome sounding that it became the valedictorian of pcbs and went on to pcb university to make post-it art.

It looked pretty much like any other toilet. It's a one piece, but I have no idea why it was so expensive.

Chances are you may have some rot in the joists too. If so you can treat them with JASCO TERMIN-8 wood preservative to stop the rot from spreading, then sister some new wood to the old joists. I always recommend pressure treated in this application. Same with the subfloor, use pressure treated plywood under the toilet.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Thanks for the tips. I'm still debating if I'm up for the challenge or not, since I'd have to rent some tools (my tool shed, i.e., my folks are now 5 hours away) but I guess I won't really know unless I try.

Only on the special -=*=- version of the pcb. Of course only one of those will ever be made, cause, like there can only be one of something that special cause it was patented at age 19 before it became a NSF scholar pcb at which point it became so awesome sounding that it became the valedictorian of pcbs and went on to pcb university to make post-it art.

Lol, that was just so wrong, yet so right at the same time.