Deals

Dusty Chalk

It doesn't seem to be popular here. I have heard just a few d/a converters, so keep that in mind. I like it. Multiple connection options. Supports up to 96/24. Remote is convenient and easy to use. I haven't heard another dac I like better. However, I did like the cd player Absorbine_Sr has, the Resolution Audio Opus 21, better than the Dac3. It has a more organic sound that I really liked in his set up. At $1500 or less the Dac3 is a great value.

Hirsch had the...DAC3? I think...I remember it being really good.

... I found the strength to be in the tone, it was non-fatiguing or edgy at all. However, I never felt the urge to get up and jump ...
I don't remember it being non-exciting, but I also agree that it wasn't 'exciting', either. So...this sounds about right. But to me, non-fatiguing is more important than anything, so I was more willing than normal to forgive it anything else.

Hirsch had the...DAC3? I think...I remember it being really good.I don't remember it being non-exciting, but I also agree that it wasn't 'exciting', either. So...this sounds about right. But to me, non-fatiguing is more important than anything, so I was more willing than normal to forgive it anything else.

I think he has the DAC1 (at least as of 2 yrs ago). I seem to remember you came over once when I had that source? Remember the CD2 a top loader and the D3 under on it, on the main rack...

If any of you chaps hear of any Black Friday deals for ElusiveDisc, MusicDirect or AcousticSounds please do post :)

Don't you get their newsletters? Always the easiest way to stay on top of their deals & new releases. :)

Here's the Music Direct deal:

10% Off on any music order over $50 until next Monday at midnight!*

enter coupon code "TURKEY10" at checkout

* Must spend at least $50. Specially priced items below do not qualify for an additional 10% off. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Expires Monday, November 29 at midnight EST.

22% Off Black Friday Week Sale

Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology (Limited Edition 8LP Box Set)

Regular Price $99.99 - Black Friday Sale $77.99

38% Off Black Friday Week Sale

Beck - Odelay: Deluxe Edition 10th Anniversary Box Set (Limited Edition 180g 4LP Box Set w/14 Page Book)

Regular Price $79.99 - Black Friday Sale $49.99

20% Off Black Friday Week Sale

Led Zeppelin - Mothership (Limited Edition 180g 4LP Box Set)

Regular Price $59.99 - Black Friday Sale $47.99

42% Off Black Friday Week Sale

The Beatles - Mono Box Set (Limited Edition 13 Mono CD Box Set)

Regular Price $299.99 - Black Friday Sale $174.99

33% Off Black Friday Week Sale

Tom Petty - The Live Anthology (Limited Edition 7LP Box Set)

Regular Price $149.99 - Black Friday Sale $99.99

20% Off Black Friday Week Sale

R.E.M. - Live At The Olympia (2CD + DVD + 4LP Box Set)

Regular Price $99.99 - Black Friday Sale $79.99

The White Stripes - The White Stripes (Import LP)

Regular Price $29.99 - Black Friday Sale $19.99

The White Stripes - De Stijl (Import LP)

Regular Price $29.99 - Black Friday Sale $19.99

60% Off Black Friday Week Sale

Rickie Lee Jones - Sermon On The Exposition Blvd (Hybrid SACD + DVD-V)

Regular Price $24.99 - Black Friday Sale $9.99

Zu Audio Speaker Sale:

ZU AUDIO PRESENTS BLACK FRIDAY

Introducing the OMEN DEF

Black Friday price $1799 (regular price $2800)

One Day Only - Nov 26

Exclusive Zu Audio Customer extended BLACK FRIDAY Hours!

Zu Audio's current email list will be able to take advantage of unadvertised hours. If you'd like to get your orders in early our Black Friday pricing will be available starting the evening of November 24th, you don't have to wait until Black Friday. All order's placed on or before Black Friday are guaranteed to be delivered before Christmas. As with all orders, we offer free shipping on all products purchased as well as paying for shipping for any products returned to Zu for any reason.

Check out our Black Friday pricing:

OMEN

Regular Price: $1,500.00*

Black Friday Price: $999.00*

OMEN DEF

Regular Price: $2,800.00*

Black Friday Price: $1,799.00*

OMEN BOOKSHELF

Regular Price: $899.00*

Black Friday Price: $699.00*

OMEN CENTER

Regular Price: $599.00*

Black Friday Price: $450.00*

SOUL

Regular Price: $1,800.00*

Black Friday Price: $1,499.00*

SOUL SUPERFLY

Regular Price: $2,600.00*

Black Friday Price: $1,800.00*

SOUL SUPERFLY (Ferrari Red High Gloss Paint - 5 only)

Regular Price: $3,600.00*

Black Friday Price: $2,800.00*

ESSENCE (Ghost Black stained maple, see black omen for reference, no other color options)

Regular Price: $3,600.00*

Black Friday Price: $1,999.00*

ESSENCE (Ferrari Red High Gloss Paint - 5 only)

Regular Price: $4,600.00*

Black Friday Price: $2,900.00*

*Prices for a pair of speakers

To take advantage of this Sale, enter 'HOLIDAY SALE' in the Special Instructions field of the Checkout Page when placing your order on our webstore. The discount WILL NOT be reflected on our website.

We will download your order, adjust the price, and then bill your credit card the discounted price.

This discount cannot be applied to

PRE-ORDERS and items notated as 'Not Eligible For Further Discount'. All Demos are eligible for this Sale!

Don't Delay!

SALE ENDS Tuesday November 30, at 12 Midnight EST!

gobbleupthesavings09-3.jpg

To take advantage of this Sale, enter 'HOLIDAY SALE' in the Special Instructions field of the Checkout Page when placing your order on our webstore. The discount WILL NOT be reflected on our website.

We will download your order, adjust the price, and then bill your credit card the discounted price.

This discount cannot be applied to

PRE-ORDERS and items notated as 'Not Eligible For Further Discount'. All Demos are eligible for this Sale!

Don't Delay!

SALE ENDS Tuesday November 30, at 12 Midnight EST!

gobbleupthesavings09-3.jpg

awesome, what are you selling? I want to buy $500 worth. more if it's chocolate candy or really good cake.

well, if you want to support an American small business owner, and a great guy: Global Knives,Wusthof Knives,Henckels Knives,Ceramic Knives,Kitchen Knives,Shun Knives,Steak Knives

if you want bleeding edge Jap stuff: www.http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/products.html

i've bought from both.

I'm keen to support the better "deal" :) perhaps there won't be any deals to be had in the next few weeks, but then again... perhaps there will......

edit: damn there are some nice looking stuff at the second link. Maybe I don't need a "set" and just could grab 1 or 2. Any recommendations?

Edited by luvdunhill

Ehh MusicDirect had a killer "sale" last year- free PS Audio PowerPort (~ $80) with $200 purchase. I will still be suckered into buying some of the Everest Classic Records plus some of the Oistrakh titles I've been eyeing on vinyl.

Don't you get their newsletters? Always the easiest way to stay on top of their deals & new releases. :)

Here's the Music Direct deal:

They go straight to spam unless it's an order confirmation.

Edited by deepak

I'm keen to support the better "deal" :) perhaps there won't be any deals to be had in the next few weeks, but then again... perhaps there will......

edit: damn there are some nice looking stuff at the second link. Maybe I don't need a "set" and just could grab 1 or 2. Any recommendations?

If you a not in a hurry, Shuns do go on sale as Reks noted, and do show up every now and then on those "deal" sites, especially on Woot. Of course, if you go that route, you gotta be ready to plunk down $600-$800 since that's usually the range of pricing for Shun knives on sale/deal.