Deals

Dusty Chalk

May be good to compare Lumix LX3 prices before and after LX5 recent launch. Looking at past RSS feeds seeing $387-399 prior and $368-391 now ($499 retail) for same stores pulled.

For me the issue is I usually see the GF1 - zoom lens package on sale. If I wanted to carry a zoom I wouldn't be using a GF1, so this one appeals to me.

And 'Reks if it was only so easy.

I considered GF1 or the Olympus model when I was in market for an interchangeable lens camera. My main problem with them was that as soon as you began using non-pancake lenses, it basically lost (for me), the only advantage it held over SLR's - size/pocketability.

Of course, if you're just going to use the pancake, this won't be a problem.

Personally, I'm curious about the LX5. I wish it wasn't so expensive as I need to replace our small Canon.

Yeah, I plan to only use the pancake lens as I want it as "pocketable" as possible. Actually, now I am starting to wonder if the NEX-5 with the pancake lens might be better since it is actually smaller than the GF1. I do like that you can tilt the screen also. Anyone use both the NEX-5 and GF1?

I have not used it, but when I handled my friend's NEX-5, I was impressed with the build quality. One of the criticisms of NEX-3/5 was the user interface though it appears the latest firmware update has made large improvement. One issue I can see with going with NEX-5 is that it's pancake lens (16mm f/2.8 ) results in the focal length equivalent to 24mm on a 35mm camera, which is heck of a lot wider than going with GF1 and its pancake.

I went through the GF1 vs. NEX vs. more traditional SLR options when trying to buy a camera for my daughter. I liked the feel of the GF1 much better because of the lens placement on the NEX, and I thought taking pictures with the NEX might be awkward. Either of them fitted with a zoom lens feels awkward and defeats the pocketability. After considering the options and her artistic drive to have lens options -- not to mention inter-changeability with my Canon lenses -- I decided to go with the Rebel T2i. It is damn small and light compared to the 5D and with a 50mm lens it is just as pocketable. She has really likes it.

Am I correct that the dimensions of the GF-1 after the 20mm lens will be around 4.7in w x 2.8in h x 2.4in d?

The camera seems to be 1.4in in deep and the lens 1 in deep. But maybe it is more like 2.0in because the 1.4in counts the parts that sticks out to hold onto? I cannot really find this anywhere.

Edited by shellylh

Parasound D/AC 2000 Ultra:

PARASOUND D/AC/DAC-2000 Ultra Digital/Analog Converter! - eBay (item 120633433087 end time Oct-25-10 06:15:25 PDT)

So this is too weird. I bid, and was outbid, and wanted to bid again. Only this time I am a blocked bidder. I tried to contact the seller capeannaudio, and they do not allow communication. LOL.

Bear in mind, my feedback is perfect, I've been using ebay since '99, and I've never met or bid on any of this person's items ever before this.

I did a google search on the seller name and came up with other very strange stories not unlike this one.

If you've ever left negative feedback for anyone, he might be blocking you because he's paranoid about potentially getting a negative feedback from you.

It looks like he has a pattern of blocking people for little to no reason, and sending nasty and threatening replies to anyone who dares to ask a question about an auction. What a lovely fellow.