Deals

Dusty Chalk

last i remember U.E. uses a uch larger port then any Shure, so by stock ways the shure olives should not fit. i have expanded the olives myself to fit on larger port iems before (the crossroads iems) and loved the sound and fit! you might wanna try expanding the inside tube in the olive to stretch over the larger U.E. port, if you use some heat and are slow about it make work. just make sure you don't stretch them too much cause the last thing you want is to get a olive jammed inside your ear!

maybe someone has some old olives laying around so you can see if the stretch is possible?

still i remember them U.E. ports being much larger then the shure, it would be a hell of a stretch if it works

last i remember U.E. uses a uch larger port then any Shure, so by stock ways the shure olives should not fit. i have expanded the olives myself to fit on larger port iems before (the crossroads iems) and loved the sound and fit! you might wanna try expanding the inside tube in the olive to stretch over the larger U.E. port, if you use some heat and are slow about it make work. just make sure you don't stretch them too much cause the last thing you want is to get a olive jammed inside your ear!

maybe someone has some old olives laying around so you can see if the stretch is possible?

still i remember them U.E. ports being much larger then the shure, it would be a hell of a stretch if it works

I currently have around 10 pair of medium and small shure olive tips that I'll try that out on. I think I have so steel spikes that I have stretch them on too. By the way, the old shure e5c's didn't have a little bump on the ear piece that the new ones have and I used to get sleeves stuck in my ear all the time. It's a little nerve wracking to get those stuck in your ear with out any tweezers around.

EDIT....and my triple-fi's still haven't shipped. :sadcat:

I have put olives on the triple.fi before. Its a hell of a stretch, I used a leather punch to stretch them. I did end up ruining a few after a few changes. Its near impossible to over stretch these for the triple.fi, its an insanely tight fit, I had to cut them off sometimes to replace them.

I also put on a Westone cable after filing down the pins. Sounded pretty good but had to adjust for phase. I think I'm keeping mine stock now and using the small rubber tips and complys.

In regards to the Triple fi 10 orders on the Logitech webpage, I talked to a Logitech agent today on the status of my order. The agent told me that my order was going to be shipped out tomorrow and he confirmed that it was ready to go. I ordered them at around 9:30AM on December 4, so if some of you guys are waiting on your orders to ship they are most likely going through the 3 day processing stage, and should ship out around Wednesday or Thursday. I actually meant to order 2, one for me and one as a xmas gift, but I accidentally put in an order for 3. If I don't keep it(I really don't know why I would want two pairs of Triples around), i'll list it here on HC for the same $99.00 deal brand new in case anyone who missed out would like it.

In regards to the Triple fi 10 orders on the Logitech webpage, I talked to a Logitech agent today on the status of my order. The agent told me that my order was going to be shipped out tomorrow and he confirmed that it was ready to go. I ordered them at around 9:30AM on December 4, so if some of you guys are waiting on your orders to ship they are most likely going through the 3 day processing stage, and should ship out around Wednesday or Thursday. I actually meant to order 2, one for me and one as a xmas gift, but I accidentally put in an order for 3. If I don't keep it(I really don't know why I would want two pairs of Triples around), i'll list it here on HC for the same $99.00 deal brand new in case anyone who missed out would like it.

Great to know. I wish I knew somebody that needed a pair but I have zero friends into this kind of stuff. They all think I'm an idiot for getting into this kind of stuff at my income.

Two-Channel Holiday Specials from the Outlaws

Dear grawk:

The holiday season is a time for memories and music. To make that music sound even better, we're pleased to present some special values for the best in stereo performance.

$100 off on the RR 2150, plus free shipping

The RR 2150 RetroReceiver is an Outlaw original. We designed it to be the last great stereo receiver, and reviewers and legions of loyal owners agree. Mixing the unique tiered aluminum front panel with a high power amplifier, analog bass management, separate tape output bus, USB input for MP3 file playback, an audiophile phono section and a host of other features, there is simply no other product like it on the market. Order your RR 2150 between today and 9 PM EST on Monday, December 14th and pay only $599, $100 off the regular price. To sweeten the deal even more, ground shipping is free!*

RR 2150 plus Grado SR225i Headphones

Along with what some are calling the "return of vinyl," headphones are also making a big comeback as a way to listen to high quality music and get away from it all. One of the most desirable models is Grado's SR225i. Combining the best of open-air and "over-ear/cushion" designs, the SR225i is the latest version of this classic headphone. Purchase a pair with an RR 2150 during this promotion and pay only $699, a $200 savings. Of course, free ground shipping* is also included.

Introducing the Cue Acoustics Model r1 iPod