There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, within 5 minutes of me posting about "alleged" criminal activity, Jude called me and told me that he was going to edit my post. I did not edit it. Maybe it was for the best.

It is his show and he can do whatever he wants if it feels that it might stir up legal issues against Head-Fi.

My post was from the heart and I didn't take legal ramifications into account (that and I was at an airport, living on 3 hours of sleep). I admit that was wrong. I just felt, that since we have some semblance of a friendship, that it would have been better suited to write Mike and I a PM, rather than post it publicly in an open forum.

If you had PM'd me about you feeling uncomfortable about my post, I would have gladly edited it for you.

I was pretty sure that you had said something criminal in that post that got my blood up at the time. And just so you know I wasn't making any accusation or whatever about the editing, I was just pretty sure it had been there.

Mike and you have both dinged me for not handling that by PM and I wish I had. As I told him at the time, if there is a next time I will try that route first.

Mike and you have both dinged me for not handling that by PM and I wish I had. As I told him at the time, if there is a next time I will try that route first.

This is one of the things that makes me prefer HC to HF. Modding and being called out is very public and transparent. There is very little going on behind the scenes.

It's OK to call people out (when they should be called out) as long as it's done in a relatively civil manner. Al did that in the HC thread. Nobody has to feel that a friend has betrayed them because that rarely happens. Of course, people that can't take being called out don't last long here. That's because eventually everybody posts something stupid and get's called on it.

This is one of the things that makes me prefer HC to HF. Modding and being called out is very public and transparent. There is very little going on behind the scenes.

It's OK to call people out (when they should be called out) as long as it's done in a relatively civil manner. Al did that in the HC thread. Nobody has to feel that a friend has betrayed them because that rarely happens. Of course, people that can't take being called out don't last long here. That's because eventually everybody posts something stupid and get's called on it.

Isnt the moderating over at HF one of the biggest reasons people are here? Kinda like ASR.

Isnt the moderating over at HF one of the biggest reasons people are here? Kinda like ASR.

I don't know for the others, but personally I think the moderators do their job pretty well on Head-fi. They've done some errors in the past, but you can't expect perfection on a forum with 50000+ members. What I don't like on H-F is shill members, members posting impressions of things they haven't heard and members posting technical information when they obviously don't understand what they're saying.

I don't think so, but I wouldn't generalize about it. It's not a big reason I'm here. As others have pointed out, the moderation is pretty good there. The biggest problems with it that I see are mostly due to the large size of HF. The passive moderation is all that can be done, but it leads to problems. The fact that moderation is often opaque is a problem I'd like to see go away, but it probably never will.

I'm here because I like the feeling of community and the much higher S/N.

I did the same in a thread on Balanced v unbalanced, referencing Dreadhead's work. It illicited two notes from Jude. Not at all unreasonable, but, someday, won't The Wall come down?

Not that I really care - just another site to link to, especially when the relevant info already exists. I just hate dual threading, with all the different fucking rules.

I did the same in a thread on Balanced v unbalanced, referencing Dreadhead's work. It illicited two notes from Jude. Not at all unreasonable, but, someday, won't The Wall come down?

Not that I really care - just another site to link to, especially when the relevant info already exists. I just hate dual threading, with all the different fucking rules.

Please don't I would get flamed over there.... :palm: Or lots of stupid questions. Over here they let me play in my sandbox and ignore me ;D