Party in Tampa - Nov 15th.

NightWoundsTime

Yeah, we were afraid to call Nate because of Lily and his text that last night's texts were mean. :( The crew was a bit worn tonight, and for the first time in memory, Gene hit the sack before me! Vicki eating cheese has thrown off the balance of the universe!

Oh, and Thrice is now bald, apparently, so there is further proof. :palm:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like much fun was had by all, and you even managed to fit in some headphone listening!

The concentration displayed in the Rock Band shots is impressive, especially given the state of the participants.

How can you tease us by only showing the "after" shot of the brownies platter, without the corresponding "before" shot? How am I supposed to know exactly how jealous to feel, for not being there, now?:confused:

It's Sunday morning and I'm waiting for Dom to come down and hit the road. It was a great meet, both the meet itself and the before/after parties. We ended up having a decent crowd and a more gear than expected. If I haven't said this already, the highlight of the meet in terms of gear that I haven't heard before was the Luxman Amp and immtbiker's Blue Circle amp with 650s. The Luxman was just better when it came to the overall refinement. It just did everything better. The Blue Circle retails for less than half the Luxman so this didn't shock me. There were at least a couple of people that liked the Blue Circle better than the Luxman with the R-10s. I never put them on so have no comment. No balanced out on the Luxman is just stupid, imo.

I had a chance to spend some time but not much with the 1.2b and the Jade. The Jade is definitely a looker and has a more refined build quality than the 1.2b. The meet room was noisy the entire time so I really couldn't tell much of a difference between them in terms of sq. I should add that the Jade had no hours on them when they arrived. Did some more listening with the O2 mki and the Jade and just confirmed that while I like the O2, the Jade was the better headphone for me.

Been watching the pics at the other site. Is the girl playing the black Stratocaster Vicki? It'd be great putting names to all the people ;D

Vicki it is.

Yeah, we were afraid to call Nate because of Lily and his text that last night's texts were mean.

Ha, I was texting one handed while holding Lily yesterday morning so my options for a message were limited. :) Of course hearing that you guys were lounging around in shorts while we were watching it mist/rain/pour/rain/mist was a bit painful.

Ha, I was texting one handed while holding Lily yesterday morning so my options for a message were limited. :) Of course hearing that you guys were lounging around in shorts while we were watching it mist/rain/pour/rain/mist was a bit painful.

Yeah, we had a warm, sultry friday night and then a cool and windy saturday night. We would have punished people more but the politically correct won out and I didn't have all the necessary numbers in my phone. :rant:

Vicki it is.

Very cool indeed. I imagined her being a bit older, probably for her mature posts :D How good is she on the guitar? hehehe.

Damn, those comments about the Blue Circle are starting to raise my curiosity. I hate you all :P Would anybody having listened to it paired with the R10 care to comment a bit in deep about the results? Is it "pratty", warm, analytical, tonally correct, spacious...? Tried other phones with it?

Very cool indeed. I imagined her being a bit older, probably for her mature posts :D How good is she on the guitar? hehehe.

Damn, those comments about the Blue Circle are starting to raise my curiosity. I hate you all :P Would anybody having listened to it paired with the R10 care to comment a bit in deep about the results? Is it "pratty", warm, analytical, tonally correct, spacious...? Tried other phones with it?

I'm close enough to old. Good hair dye goes a long way.

The Blue Circle amp with R10s (Accuphase source) was one of my fav surprise moments of the meet. Really really nice. I preferred it by far to the Luxman amp, also sourced by Gene's Accuphase. The Luxman, however, was another nice surprise, especially with 650s.

Just got home after a nice 4 1/2 hr drive. I'll post something re gear later, but as always, the folks at Florida meets make any drive worthwhile. Another great and seriously fun meet! Big thanks to Matt for putting this together, and thanks to Matt and Dom for giving up a bed to me when I screwed up making reservations.

...nothing but hardened, stringy fat.

mmmmmmmmm!!

The Jade looks a bit bigger then the 1.2b but do the drivers look the same? I'm a bit tempted to order one and see if I like it... :o

I believe a "dew eet" is appropriate here. I really enjoyed the He phone at Canjam, and it was more comfortable on my head then I ever managed to get the OIIMK1 to be. I would love to pick one up at the introductory price but there is always that pain in the ass of acquiring the 'stat amp to go with it. I wonder if we'll ever see the quality sub <$1000 stat amp.

I believe a "dew eet" is appropriate here. I really enjoyed the He phone at Canjam, and it was more comfortable on my head then I ever managed to get the OIIMK1 to be. I would love to pick one up at the introductory price but there is always that pain in the ass of acquiring the 'stat amp to go with it. I wonder if we'll ever see the quality sub <$1000 stat amp.

I must admit that I'm most tempted to open it up and see if I can give Mr. He any feedback.

As for the sub 1k$ amp, you can't really go wrong with the SRM-717. I didn't really care for it when I had the BH (didn't really give it a chance) but I've grown quite fond of it in the recent months. It has enough power to hint at the SR-007's greatness and yet imposes very little on the sound.

The Jade looks a bit bigger then the 1.2b but do the drivers look the same? I'm a bit tempted to order one and see if I like it... :o

The cups are just about the same size, maybe a few millimeters difference. The drivers also appear to be the same size.

I wish I had a pair of HE90's to compare to the Jades. I'm not saying they sound the same but they are a lot closer than the O2 is (not that the O2 was meant to sound like the HE90). As good as the O2 is with the right amp, to my ears there Jade are just plain better. First, as PJ mentioned, in terms of comfort, the Jade wins, end of story. The soundstage/imaging/airiness of the Jade is better than the O2. Speakers are my first choice most times and as such soundstage, etc. is important. They extend well in both directions. The bass is deep and controlled. It produces detail that is almost palpable. The Jade impresses me now as the first version did in MOA. The BH just makes them sing. This pair has about 8 or 9 hours on them at the moment so hopefully this will continue and improve over the next week or so.