What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

07lamb.jpg

It had been quite a while since I played this album, what a masterpiece. IMO, nobody else in rock ever pulled the perfect blend of melody, imagination and virtuosity that Genesis had during this era (70-77).

Midly better than any recent Weezer album. I listened to Pinkerton yesterday and felt 16 again. Goddamn those half Japanese girls.

d3self.jpg

I'm listening to Dirty Three's S/T album right now, as part of my new "hit shuffle on the fully loaded 160gb iPod classic and listen to whatever album comes up." This isn't bad, a lot mellower than what I'd normally be listening to at noon on a Monday but it works right now. I'm normally not a fan of this level of musical restraint, I like my post-rock to at least end in a big messy climax (the best kind!) This might be a will-delete after listening as I don't see ever seeking this out again.

How is "Hurley"?

It's been the first Weezer album I've listened to, so I can't compare to others. Not sure I've liked it enough as much as to try other Weezer's, but will listen to it again... basically a decent pop-rock album. I'm afraid I can't offer an educated opinion.

It's been the first Weezer album I've listened to, so I can't compare to others. Not sure I've liked it enough as much as to try other Weezer's, but will listen to it again... basically a decent pop-rock album. I'm afraid I can't offer an educated opinion.

You owe it to Weezer to get their first two albums. After that they fell apart and never got it back but those are the cornerstones of 90's pop rock.

You owe it to Weezer to get their first two albums. After that they fell apart and never got it back but those are the cornerstones of 90's pop rock.

^Listen the man, Antonio. This time at least. :)

For several reasons I missed most of the nineties interesting pop stuff, which I'm catching up lately, so I'll take your advice and listen to them :) Thanks for the recommendation.

Midly better than any recent Weezer album. I listened to Pinkerton yesterday and felt 16 again. Goddamn those half Japanese girls.

d3self.jpg

This might be a will-delete after listening as I don't see ever seeking this out again.

:( And I got excited that you were finally listening to good stuff. I have two other Dirty Three CDs if you want. :)