What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51kTU3DolVL._SS500_.jpg

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Don't know why they call it Doom Metal, seems like fairly standard alt-rock to me with a somewhat more melancholy atmosphere. However what surprises me time and again as I keep digging this one out of the collection is just how good some tracks here are, especially 1 and 2.

51SP8Y5M4DL._SS500_.jpg

Devin Townsend - Terria

Devin kicks so much ass that there's probably not enough ass on the earth for him to kick. He's most likely kicking ass somewhere in outer space (even more likely given his drug habits). And this is his best album, so the asskickery in question is of apocalyptic proportions.

51kTU3DolVL._SS500_.jpg

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Don't know why they call it Doom Metal, seems like fairly standard alt-rock to me with a somewhat more melancholy atmosphere. However what surprises me time and again as I keep digging this one out of the collection is just how good some tracks here are, especially 1 and 2.

You want old school Katatonia. Dance of December Souls is really good doom metal. I don't like their new alt metal sound either, too boring.

51SP8Y5M4DL._SS500_.jpg

Devin Townsend - Terria

Devin kicks so much ass that there's probably not enough ass on the earth for him to kick. He's most likely kicking ass somewhere in outer space (even more likely given his drug habits). And this is his best album, so the asskickery in question is of apocalyptic proportions.

I actually get too distracted by "Earth Day" to enjoy the rest of the album. I need to put it into rotation on my iPod, I've really been enjoying, Addicted! (and not just because Anneke...:ian:...guests on it rather prominently).

And: habits? Please say it ain't so, this is news to me...