Papa Monkey Wants a Rig--Seeking Advice

The Monkey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get rid of the overwhelming bass. Most people don't like it. (I do, most don't.)

BTW -- should be a very good system! The ECSS is nice and should be a good match for the DT770's.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about this potential setup (Nate's idea). And I was also concerned about the bass, but I think that's the fun part of the DT770. It gets tiresome for me after a while, but it will be miles better than whatever he's been using recently, if anything. And it seems like the bassiness might work with his hearing, which is good because I am not at all confident that he can work the iPod's EQ. :)

My Dad the Basshead.

Dinny, I think the EC/SS is a fantastic choice and I am sure he will love the combo you picked out for him. I loved the EC/SS for the time I had it in my system and occasionally wonder if I should have kept it along with my tube amp.

Well, actually the W11jpn was fairly nice but they're rare.

They're not that rare, at least not on Head-Case. ;)

I know someone has two units and the second one is supposedly NOS. Both are pristine condition and sound pretty good driven by a ZD.

Team Animal Avatar members might get a special discount, too.

Tempt people? No way, I wouldn't do such a mean thing.

Here's an old photo I remember seeing before. I'm told that one of the L3000 is gone, as well as the W2002.

The elite Team ATH numbers are dwindling while the hordes of AD700 take over, and they might soon be gone, lost forever. :(

TeamAudio-Technica.jpg