Help choosing song to dance to?

Aimless1

Left myself wide open when I posted this. Guzzi & Reks didn't disappoint. ;) Luvdunhill, can you send me the you tube on that? :o

I appreciate the suggestions and the advice. We've been through our individual music libraries and done the usual online searches. Just haven't found that one song that is meaningful to both of us, both like and we can dance to. Duggeh, I can best describe the dance as easy and slow, ala Joe Biden. I had forgotten Songbird and Antonio, that's the first time I've heard the Bangels. Exactly the kind of help I was hoping for and need.

We may yet fall back on some popular song that we've all heard at what seems like every wedding, but we both want to try to avoid that if we can.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well I'll take a long shot at this, Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

The melody is nice and slow, great for the two left foot dancer like me, and the words are very meaningful especially for a father daughter dance. May be a bit too slow but the good news is that it is a short song too.

Glad of being helpful. Here's another suggestion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4G-8M_jutk

Equally down tempo, easily danceable... the tune is a Prince's composition.

Another tune that comes to mind, which is a nice one and should be easy to dance to is Lately by Stevie Wonder. However the lyrics are a bit sad:

To end this bunch of suggestions, one tune titled "Alma de blues" (Blues soul) by a Spanish group named "Presuntos implicados", one of my favorite Spanish bands. Maybe a bit long. It has the advantage that few people will understand the words ;D, but for sure will be quite unheard there:

Always nice to find a song that matches some attribute of the bride: La Jolie Blonde, Brown Eyed Girl, Veronica, etc, as appropriate. I managed my way through a stilted waltz to La Jolie Blonde with my wife when we got married. People still remember the song and luckily not the dancing. :)

Thank you all for your suggestions. My daughter tells me she has chosen the song but it is to be a surprise ... albeit, one of the many suggestions I've made. Yep, she still has me wrapped around her little finger ;D

"Air on the G String" was new to me. Just one of many suggestions I had not heard before, and some forgotten old favorites as well. Many of them were passed on to my daughter. I'll find out which song in just over 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from the wedding reception. My daughter finally chose a traditional song... "Unforgettable", the version with Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole.

Thanks for your suggestions. We considered them all and you helped us to narrow it down.