CanJam 2009 Friday Night HeadCase Social Hour

grawk

So, this is the thread to coordinate our "pre meet" activities. John can tell us when the setup activities should be done, and then we can figure out what we're gonna do afterward. Dinner, drinks, music, whatever. I'd prefer to keep it low key, a chance to get to know all you crazy bastards.

PM me if you need my cell #, and I'll have my iphone with me there, so I'll be reachable by AIM as well.

are we going to have a designated driver?

how far do we want to venture from the hotel?

how many in our party?

reasonable, somewhat pricey, or pricey?

looking for a cool place to hang, good food, good beer or what?

i am sorry about all the questions, but i'd like to locate a place that would suit our needs. unfortunately, as much as i'd like to recommend father's offices it isn't the ideal place unless i reserve a room and i have no idea what that would entail plus they aren't the easiest to deal with, get a hold of and i'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap.

I think there would need to be plural designated drivers if we were to be out and about. I can be one as long as someone who knows where they're going is in my car. Food is good, music is good, though I'd definitely prefer low-key as well, with mostly a chance to gab and get to know people. Loud bars not appealing.

Edited by boomana

Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to spend the night over at the hotel on Friday, so I can be a designated driver if need be. My car is too small to take more than 3 people, though, so if you guys rent a van, I can drive it.

But Saturday, I will not be qualified to operate heavy machinery of any kind (or post on Head-Fi.) ;)

-Ed

There are a few good beer bars spreadout over the expanse of the greater LA area, Father' Office is the best local spot but my favorite is a solid drive away in Seal Beach called Beachwood BBQ. It is 28 miles away but the beer is great , Gabe the owner is as good as it gets and the food is great as well. Vicki they have a great asparagus and if your willing to eat cheese they make a mean mac and cheese just ask them to remove the sausage.

Beachwood BBQ - Reviews - BeerAdvocate

picture of location

131 1/2 Main St.,Seal Beach,CA 90740 - Google Maps

I am guessing Friday night at the hotel will suit most people. The BBQ joint and Father's Office might be better options for those who get motivated on Saturday or even Sunday for the hangers-on. Maybe we should just plan for some time by the outdoor pool, a room party or three and see how it develops.