Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat off topic, but how do you married folk do it, seriously.

I can't see myself convincing a future wife to let me spend over $400 in headphones when I think paying over $200 for a purse is stupid.

I need to start taking notes now.

There's your problem right there. One doesn't say 'stupid' out loud.
another one down.

are there any head-casers who haven't ordered yet? :D

You mean, besides me?

Somewhat off topic, but how do you married folk do it, seriously.

I can't see myself convincing a future wife to let me spend over $400 in headphones when I think paying over $200 for a purse is stupid.

I need to start taking notes now.

Let her know how much the HF-1s appreciated in value. My girlfriend actually wants me to order these for that reason.

Never show your spouse/significant other the "Greek Audiophile" video on YouTube though. That one really scared her.

Nate, could you plan on doing a couple/few snip and re-terminations? I will PM you with a couple questions in that regard.

So, the few things I can say pursuant to my NDAs with TTVJ are:

1. Todd hopes the run of HF-2 available at CJ09 will be in the order of 20 pairs, which he has to bring with him or ship there, and we all know what supposedly happened with a big box of HD800s in Boston... The number of cans available will not be large, plus he has to outfit his room at the meet.

2. Whether you think it is celebrity status or not, there were a number of pairs reserved for national meet organizers if they choose to buy them, so the 20 possibly available will not start with order no. 1 on Friday. Beyond that, I assume they will be given to the early ordering people who are present.

3. They will ship with regular bowl pads and Todd plans to bring flats for sale at CanJam.

4. The type of cans and the details other than that are going to be kept quiet until the unveiling on Saturday, May 30 at CJ09. I can say, however, that it is not the HF-1 with a new number on it.

5. Maybe grawk got to him early enough, but Todd basically said it is too difficult to take special orders for serial numbers.

Should be good times.

I don't see why it should be a nightmare, it just needs to have some order rather than first come first serve. If you ordered in the first 20 and you're going to be at CanJam you can pick it up provided you bring your receipt. Once those folks are taken care and assuming there are any left (since I'm assuming there are less than 20 of the first 20 available to the masses) he just goes down the order list until 20 are gone. Everyone else gets their order shipped in order or purchase after the event.

Well, I think that there might be some prioritizing going on, mostly thinking this year's CanJam organizers should be able to get their theirs, even if they didn't order until a bit later. I'm maybe thinking some head-fi mods that might be at CanJam will be on that list. Otherwise, I do think that the first people who ordered, who are also at CanJam on Saturday morning, should get theirs. I'm probably too late for that, but maybe not. Probably on the tail end if at all. If I don't get mine, that's okay, but it would it would be really nice to walk about and try them out with some different rigs. I'll maybe do some borrowing if needs be.

Well, I think that there might be some prioritizing going on, mostly thinking this year's CanJam organizers should be able to get their theirs, even if they didn't order until a bit later. I'm maybe thinking some head-fi mods that might be at CanJam will be on that list. Otherwise, I do think that the first people who ordered, who are also at CanJam on Saturday morning, should get theirs. I'm probably too late for that, but maybe not. Probably on the tail end if at all. If I don't get mine, that's okay, but it would it would be really nice to walk about and try them out with some different rigs. I'll maybe do some borrowing if needs be.

If, for some reason, I'm among those slated to receive mine in the first batch at CanJam, I'm happy to swap out with one of you in attendance.

If I get mine, not sure that I qualify to get them before anyone else, you are welcome to them.

If, for some reason, I'm among those slated to receive mine in the first batch at CanJam, I'm happy to swap out with one of you in attendance.

If I get mine, not sure that I qualify to get them before anyone else, you are welcome to them.

Thanks guys, but I don't really need to get a pair at the meet, but would like to try them out with a sampling of amps/sources just to see what they can do. I won't have that ability once home. Thinking about it a little more, I almost prefer to having mine shipped, rather than trying to fit the box in safely in what limited luggage I hope to bring.

Thanks guys, but I don't really need to get a pair at the meet, but would like to try them out with a sampling of amps/sources just to see what they can do. I won't have that ability once home. Thinking about it a little more, I almost prefer to having mine shipped, rather than trying to fit the box in safely in what limited luggage I hope to bring.

I was thinking the same thing about having to pack it to bring home if they are hand delivered.

Well, I think that there might be some prioritizing going on, mostly thinking this year's CanJam organizers should be able to get their theirs, even if they didn't order until a bit later.

Now that it's out in the open Todd told me this and I told him I fully supported it. Any one involved in planning an event of this magnitude deserves some special treatment. And Al, sure I can do some quick snip/snip solder work if someone has an iron and a multi-meter. I'd be happy to do it for Todd to if he wants to have a balanced pair to use with amps. I can bring supplies if someone lets me know how many of what kind they want to do so they don't look like hack jobs.