JH Audio stuffs

atothex

ok you gotdam enabler shills. I have been avoiding this thread like the plague, but here I am. I have a UE10 pro and a UE 5c. I want the following information, and I want it now:

1) How does the JH13 compare, with specificity, to the UE10 pro (NOT the 11)? SQ, comfort, build quality, etc.

2) For those of you who have owned custom IEMs in the past, especially UE, are the JH13s more comfortable? If so, in what ways, and is it because JH has made some sort of manufacturing change?

3) My customs tend to induce a pressurized feeling in my ears due to the seal (and I am very familiar with the fit tweaks). Do you folks find the same deal with the JH13?

4) How does the JH13 compare directly to the HD800 (and save the "big can" v. "IEM" caveats)?

ok you gotdam enabler shills. I have been avoiding this thread like the plague, but here I am. I have a UE10 pro and a UE 5c. I want the following information, and I want it now:

1) How does the JH13 compare, with specificity, to the UE10 pro (NOT the 11)? SQ, comfort, build quality, etc.

2) For those of you who have owned custom IEMs in the past, especially UE, are the JH13s more comfortable? If so, in what ways, and is it because JH has made some sort of manufacturing change?

3) My customs tend to induce a pressurized feeling in my ears due to the seal (and I am very familiar with the fit tweaks). Do you folks find the same deal with the JH13?

4) How does the JH13 compare directly to the HD800 (and save the "big can" v. "IEM" caveats)?

Now that you are in this thread, resistance is futile; you might as well buy them immediately rather than thinking about it and buying them in 2 months.

Monkey, I'm not sure about your comfort issues with the UEs. Mine were fine once I got the fit right, and painful before I did. I have a good seal, but no pressurized feeling except when putting them in and taking them out. I can only think it's a fit problem with yours, unless you're unusually sensitive, in which case, nothing will feel right. The JHs use the same material as the UEs as far as I can tell. I was lucky and the fit was perfect first time around. I've accidentally slept in them all night a few times now, and other than rolling over and yanking the cord once (NOT recommended), they're very comfortable.

I had the 800s here alongside the JH13s. I prefer the 13s for tone, especially bass, as well speed, imaging (instrument placement is amazing), and they have a bit more punch/attack than the Senns, which are more polite. The "soundstage" of the 800s seems larger, but who cares. Depending on the recording, I swear I'm right there if I close my eyes. Though I'm not yet ready to give up my R10s and O2s, I can see myself doing so in the future. I do plan on building a small home rig around the JH13s, and if/when I get around to it, I'll consider what I want to do with my other gear.

Vicky thanks for the comparison.

I love my Ety ER-4s but I would love a IEM that I could run straight from my player.....I look forward to hearing these some time but I will not spend that much sight unheard on something that has zero resale value. I wish JH Audio had more info on their website. I'd be interested to know what decisions they made when they tuned the sound of the IEMs etc.

Your comments make those things very appealing, but there's no way I get custom IEMs. I'd only use custom plugs if I went deaf and needed a hearing aid. That hard composite inside my ears isn't comfortable. Furthermore if they wouldn't fit at first trial, the back and forth cost for adjustments would make the overall cost insane.

If JH made a universal fit model it'd be a whole another story :rolleyes:

SE530s are good enough for me.

When I first got into headphones in 2006, I first bought Westone UM2s. I figured that this would be my do all (and only) headphone. It didn't work out like that. While I like the SQ of the UM2s, I hated wearing IEMs. Now I only use them for flying. So they are definitely good enough for me.

Vicky thanks for the comparison.

I love my Ety ER-4s but I would love a IEM that I could run straight from my player.....I look forward to hearing these some time but I will not spend that much sight unheard on something that has zero resale value. I wish JH Audio had more info on their website. I'd be interested to know what decisions they made when they tuned the sound of the IEMs etc.

Somebody mentioned (I think it was JP#s) that JH would remold a pair for $200. If that's the case, they'd have considerably more than $0 resale value.

Is this true? If so, that's a big deal...

I've not heard that, but I can't imagine it unless it was a re-mold for the original purchaser. Then again, other than for some financial crisis, I can't imagine anyone wanting to part with these, so might not be a bad thing to offer afterall.