JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I'm not positive that you can mix, but I have seen references on the FB site and elsewhere. Basically, if you can make up a color, I think they can do it. Does anyone else have info about their color creation ability?

Oh, wait, I thought you were talking about using different colors - as in using one color on one part of an earpiece while using a different color on the rest of the earpiece.

When I ordered mine, I was told they no longer offered custom colors and I needed to pick one of their color options.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

That looks seriously great, Shelly.

I need to decide my color now. I'm not going with any graphics, but I think I want to be able to easily tell between Right and Left. So I'm either going to go with some small indicator graphic, or I'll do two separate colors for the earpieces. If I go the latter route, I think I would go blue and red, but I would want it to be pretty subtle. So I'm thinking muddy water blue for left and whatever dark red they have for right, both translucent, and both mixed with ~50% black translucent.

Any thoughts about these approaches are appreciated.

I seem to recall that they do the serial number on the right in red, and in blue on the left if that helps.

My JH13 are in the lab, it's getting closer. :D

I haven't been following that thread, is there a estimated date/price?

The pre-order will begin very soon, I am just waiting for some pictures.

Also, I'll be sending samples out to several people very soon who have already said they would be early adopters of the Pico Slim, so maybe they'll post some impressions later.

Here is the deal for the pre-orders:

- Black or silver enclosures

- There is no limit to the # of Pico Slims that will be available at pre-order price, however the first production run is 250 Pico Slims, so if the # ordered happens to exceed that, you may have to wait until more can be built.

- This will include the Pico Slim amp, DC Adapter, and custom leather case which is being worked on. If the leather case doesn't work out it will be a leather bag.

- The DC Adapter has interchangeable mains plugs. We'll have plugs for North America/Japan, UK, Europe, Australia, China, and Korea. You get 1 plug most suited for your region, extra plugs are $5 each.

- 3 foot Amphenol Micro-USB cables are available for $10 for USB charging. Remember these are NOT the Mini-B cables that you probably already have. The Micro-USB is a newer, much better connector that is the standard now & in the future.

The pre-order special:

- The pre-order pricing will be $349 with a regular price of $399 after that, plus shipping costs.

- To sweeten the deal even more, the first 100 Pico Slims will be unlike the rest. They will have a lifetime warranty AND lifetime free batteries. I don't think anyone has ever made that offer. This special status will also be permanently laser engraved on each of the first 100 Pico Slims.

- After the first 100 the standard 3 year warranty will apply, and you'll still get the pre-order special price.

Please no requests for pre-orders yet. When the time comes, I will make a new thread here exclusively for pre-orders and this thread will close.

My JH13 are in the lab, it's getting closer. :D

Won't be long now :cool:

The pre-order will begin very soon, I am just waiting for some pictures.

Also, I'll be sending samples out to several people very soon who have already said they would be early adopters of the Pico Slim, so maybe they'll post some impressions later.

Here is the deal for the pre-orders:

- Black or silver enclosures

- There is no limit to the # of Pico Slims that will be available at pre-order price, however the first production run is 250 Pico Slims, so if the # ordered happens to exceed that, you may have to wait until more can be built.

- This will include the Pico Slim amp, DC Adapter, and custom leather case which is being worked on. If the leather case doesn't work out it will be a leather bag.

- The DC Adapter has interchangeable mains plugs. We'll have plugs for North America/Japan, UK, Europe, Australia, China, and Korea. You get 1 plug most suited for your region, extra plugs are $5 each.

- 3 foot Amphenol Micro-USB cables are available for $10 for USB charging. Remember these are NOT the Mini-B cables that you probably already have. The Micro-USB is a newer, much better connector that is the standard now & in the future.

The pre-order special:

- The pre-order pricing will be $349 with a regular price of $399 after that, plus shipping costs.

- To sweeten the deal even more, the first 100 Pico Slims will be unlike the rest. They will have a lifetime warranty AND lifetime free batteries. I don't think anyone has ever made that offer. This special status will also be permanently laser engraved on each of the first 100 Pico Slims.

- After the first 100 the standard 3 year warranty will apply, and you'll still get the pre-order special price.

Please no requests for pre-orders yet. When the time comes, I will make a new thread here exclusively for pre-orders and this thread will close.

Thanks. I've been too lazy to track this down on Head-fi. I assume there will be something on HC when the new HF thread posts. I don't go over to HF too much anymore.

So you can't combine colors in the way I wanted (i.e., "smoke" a blue or red color). I think they were able to do this at UE, so it's a bit frustrating. I'm now thinking Muddy Water Blue with some very small artwork to indicate R/L because, despite the comments earlier, I don't find it extremely easy to tell which is which.

So you can't combine colors in the way I wanted (i.e., "smoke" a blue or red color). I think they were able to do this at UE, so it's a bit frustrating. I'm now thinking Muddy Water Blue with some very small artwork to indicate R/L because, despite the comments earlier, I don't find it extremely easy to tell which is which.

Here ya go...... {{ducks monkey swing}}

jh13.jpg