Ye Macce Threade

Apple releases updates to MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, lowers starting price http://www.tuaw.com/2013/02/13/apple-releases-updates-to-macbook-pro-macbook-air/

There's also a 128GB iPad I didn't know existed.

Dinny, get the 15" rMBP if you don't want to use it on a plane or on your own lap for most of the time. For iPad-like use I'd get the 13" or a MBA. Please let us know how ends up the memory issue on your iMac, I'm concerned it's troublesome to boost the memory up to 32GB.

No comments about my memory query?  :sadcat:

There's also a 128GB iPad I didn't know existed.

Dinny, get the 15" rMBP if you don't want to use it on a plane or on your own lap for most of the time. For iPad-like use I'd get the 13" or a MBA. Please let us know how ends up the memory issue on your iMac, I'm concerned it's troublesome to boost the memory up to 32GB.

No comments about my memory query?  :sadcat:

I have read in the past that higher Mhz memory can often be used in a slower RAM bank, but that there are risks that the memory wont sync up properly with the slower RAM slot speed.  This was something I recall reading when I could only find 1066 Mhz RAM locally for a Macbook that called for 800Mhz RAM.  In the end I just got the proper speed online and didn't try my luck.  Otherwise it shouldn't harm the Macbook in any way I can think of other than a kernal panic (i.e. crashes) if the Mac has trouble accessing the RAM.  That might leave you with a corrupted hard drive depending on what it's doing when it crashes.