Ye Macce Threade

^ No surprise there. The Pro systems have slightly slower cores, just more of them. Unless you know you are going to be running a bunch of multithreaded apps that can really take advantage of the Pro systems the iMac and mini are probably a better bet.

Still. That new Pro is just way too darn sexy. Check out the new product page on the Apple website.

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Oh my goodness is that ever hawt.

Edited by TMoney

Would love to have a desktop without a built in monitor that is more powerful than a mini and not as expensive as a Mac Pro for the office.  Unfortunately, since it will be property of the university, I can't do a hackintosh (well, I probably shouldn't).  

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1

I'll probably try a Hackintosh next time I replace my computer.  Between iPad and work-issued laptop, my MBP has become a glorified desktop.  It doesn't help the MBP generally has 3-4 external drives connected to it at all times.  Really should invest in a TB dock w/ USB3.

Nothing new on MBP?

Damn, that Dark Tower is teh seks.

I'm not particularly an Apple fanboy by any means, but when Apple puts out a Haswell based MBP, I'm going to be quite tempted indeed. Intel's claims about significant battery savings seems to be true.