Ye Macce Threade

Yes, it installs an audio device called soundflower that allows the audio to be captured while the selected area on the screen is also captured as video. 

Soundflower is available for free by itself so archos might be able to try using Quicktime screen recording with Soundflower first to see how it is.

(Soundflower basically lets you route your audio out to your audio in)

http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/products/soundflower/

Open source page at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/

Edited by Nanoha

My 27" iMac will not recognize more than 16GB RAM, even if all 4 slots are filled.  I have 32GB from Crucial and it will only report back 16GB and the other 2 slots empty.  However, I have tested each slot with a single chip and they each seem to work.  I have ordered another 16GB kit from Crucial, hoping that I got a bad batch, but I don't like these symptoms.

We'll see if I care enough to call.  Last time I tried to do something like this is severely effed up my acount and almost cost me all the apps that I'd previously bought.  I've read stories of similar things happening with this iCloud BS so I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

So, my ipad updated tonight and in so doing basically forced me into calling apple to try to resolve my ID issues.  After a maddening half hour on the phone I'm fucked.  My primary email address is associated with another apple ID.  My secondary email address is associated with another apple ID.  So their solution is for me to create a new email address to use as my apple ID.  What the fuck?  I asked if they could delete the account that uses my email address that I haven't used since I pitched my iphone 3 years ago.  No, no one, not even apple can delete an apple id or even sever the relationship between an email address and an account.  What a bunch of fucking useless people.  So I think I'll sell the ipad.

• Like 1

Not really a specific Mac question, but it's related to two Mac systems. Would the two 4GB RAM chips --DDR3 204 pins 1600MHz that come in a current production iMac-- work without any health risks into a 2010 MacBook Pro which uses DDR3 204 pins but 1066MHz memory?

I think it's possible it worked, after all we'd be using a higher clock speed memory into a lower speed bus mobo, but I'm not sure it could cause any harm just trying it.

My 27" iMac will not recognize more than 16GB RAM, even if all 4 slots are filled.  I have 32GB from Crucial and it will only report back 16GB and the other 2 slots empty.  However, I have tested each slot with a single chip and they each seem to work.  I have ordered another 16GB kit from Crucial, hoping that I got a bad batch, but I don't like these symptoms.

The new memory didn't fucking fix the problem.  Here's the question: Do I call AppleCare or do I bring in the machine to a store?  This one has the giant SSD in it so it isn't the kind of thing that they can generally just swap out.