Ye Macce Threade

Yeah, I have never an experience like that from Dell, and I've worked with them for at least 5 years. When I call sales, they seem reasonably useful, but when I call tech support, they're much much less useful. And if I ask where I'm calling, they usually become really bashful, and say either the Phillipines or India. They usually ask me why I ask where I'm calling, like I shouldn't be able to tell - one of them said they train really hard to sound American. I really don't care where I'm calling, as long as they are understandable, and they are helpful; but all to often, they are neither.

Posting this from an 11.6" MBA. The keyboard travel is pretty short, but the build is great, just noticed the o-ring around the edge of the screen which I'm sure helps out a good bit. Reasonable bit of screen real estate, pixel wise, at least. Speakers seem incredibly weak, but, I mean, we all have JH13s anyways, right?

Needless to say, I want one. I am sold on this thing as a portable machine (thought I already was, really). Yeah, I want one.

I have a feeling this keyboard would be really fast once you readjust to the insanely short travel. Can't really tell how fast the thing would be (I'm at a MacAuthority), but yeah, it's sweet.

**BRENT**

Posting this from an 11.6" MBA. The keyboard travel is pretty short, but the build is great, just noticed the o-ring around the edge of the screen which I'm sure helps out a good bit. Reasonable bit of screen real estate, pixel wise, at least. Speakers seem incredibly weak, but, I mean, we all have JH13s anyways, right?

Needless to say, I want one. I am sold on this thing as a portable machine (thought I already was, really). Yeah, I want one.

I have a feeling this keyboard would be really fast once you readjust to the insanely short travel. Can't really tell how fast the thing would be (I'm at a MacAuthority), but yeah, it's sweet.

**BRENT**

I played with one at a nearby Apple store and really liked it. If I didn't have a 2010 13" MBP already, I'd probably have bought it.

I didn't run anti virus on my macbook for about 18 months. But since Apple saw fit to advertise that you didnt' need anti virus a few months ago I figure that was a challenge for the scumbags who do that kind of stuff. I ran the anti virus that comes with my cable service a couple of months ago and it did pick up a couple of minor viruses and claims to have blocked an attack.

OS X doesn't have viruses for the same reason Linux doesn't, and it's not just an obscurity issue.

Is it the way the OS is written that makes it very difficult to create and spread virus? I've read some say that, and others say it's because there aren't enough users to make it worthwhile.

I'd love to continue to not run an antivirus program. I just feel naked ...